HELP! Game won't recognize user-made scenarios.

OK, I just got the game, finally, today, and I loaded up the patch, the MAD-DOG mods and the user created scenarios that have been available for the past week or so. But when I click on one, it kicks me out of the game. What's up with that? Anybody else have this problem?

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

Tried that, games kicks out then too. I did change the file names of some after I downloaded them, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Some work, like Moon's Operations, well, at least one of them did. smile.gif I don't know may have to re-download them.

------------------

You haven't messed with the letters after the period have you? I think that operations have to be .cmc, and scenarios have to be .cmb. Check those to make sure that they are right, I suspect that trying to load an operation that has been saved as a scenario would make the program unhappy.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

No it wasn't that. I'll tell you why. Dick Reece's scenarios/operations work. Moon's or the ones from the Appui-Feu site are the ones that don't work.

I just re-downloaded Moon's and the French site's ones and I'll see what happens. Dick Reece's site has Moon's files in a zip instead of a bare .cmb or .cmc file. I'll try the zipped versions and see what happens.

------------------

O'G -

Moon's scenarios work as they are. I think it probably has something to do with you renaming them. The game might compare the name of the file with something internal to the file that the user can't see. Try redownloading them and just move them to the scenario folder. All zipped files must be unzipped, as the program won't recognize the zipped ones.

------------------

CrapGame out

Actually,I have this same exact problem.I have only d/l'ed Moon's scenarios/operations,but the ones I have tried immediately boot me to the deasktop.I have not renamed the files,just d/l'ed them directly to the scenario folder.I wondered if windows somehow added an extra,hidden extension file name when I downloaded them(i.e.,the files may really read 'battle.cmb.cmb' rather than 'battle.cmb')?

Mike

Well, fellas, I don't know what the problem is. Downloaded the files from Dick Reece's site in .zip form and they still won't work. Just checked for extra file extensions and none to be found. confused.gif

It's like they weren't saved properly or something. Or they don't have text briefings. NOW THAT might be the case.

Have you guys got that user-made from V B, called "Zuruedzchlasen"? It's a Ardennes-based scenario involving the town of Malmedy. It's a good armor battle. Go to this link and check it out. http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/006153.html

------------------

I'm back. For now, I've uploaded zipped versions of the battles. See if it works - maybe the direct download causes problems, while the zip format is recognized by the browser.

I've checked the scenarios, and they definitely work with the shipped CD and the 1.01 patch, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Again, let me know if it works or not.

Thanks!

Martin

http://www.gamesofwar.de

Well, I'm having a problem with some user made scenarios.I put them on the scenario folder but, when I open the game, they are not on the menu ?????

Maastricht-tanks

Maastricht-tough tanks

Blakedown and

Schindel- road

It is weird cause the Moon's and rugged sites's scenarios work fine ?????

any help on this one ????

[This message has been edited by PAEZ (edited 06-26-2000).]