Weather or not?

When I played the demo I played mostly with the weather off. The reason I did that was to test all of my units [mostly air] to see how they reacted in the game, and sometimes played with fow off to see how the computer played. I am now into nov. 1944 and I had 19 straight moves where I could not get one sortie of air power by land or by carriers into the air in the Burma and Singapore area, thats almost six months of lost air power which Japan needs so badly in the first two years because she has to move very fast to gain MP's. I am not saying get rid of rain or for me to turn the weather off but for the powers that be to reconsider if possible to tone the weather down a notch. [the weather has also helped me at times]

Willy

Changing it would be unrealistic. The monsoon season in that area can last up to 6-8 months out of the year.

What you need to do is plan to have your air power somewhere else or operate them in at the proper time.

Maybe Bill can revise it but I am confident he has it pretty much in tune with how it is in reality.

Bill maybe you can tell the players when Monsoon season is for that area? Not many people will know about looking at the scripts.

Burma is pretty wet between April/May and October/November, with the period June to September being the full blown southeast Monsoon.

The volume of rain at the end and beginning of the year is rather low, and this is the time to launch air attacks and ground offensives.

Not to mention besides the rain there are crappy roads, and rails which makes movement, and attack (with land and air) rather hard. Even when the weather is good you still have the crappy roads and rail systems which always hinders any advance. Which makes me think that the Japs where crazy when they decided to attack at Imphal. Not complaining about this, because it's definitely historical, but you should always think what your supply values are when you decide to attack.