Search Servers System is Unavailable

Howdy all,

I have recently re-installed ToW a couple of weeks ago and get an error when trying to connect to Multiplayer --> Internet. When I click internet, I get the message "Search Servers System is Unavailable." Can anyone please help me with this issue as I am craving to play the game online for the first time!!

Thanx

Skegee_Man

• 3 months later...

There seems to be a big SPOF here!

BFC / 1C can you either supply a workaround here or provide a more resilient server so that the service stays up. Surely this could be a perfect way for you to play with clustered VM servers especially with the release of ToW2 soon.

BTW by workaround I mean what it would take to remove the reliance on a single server & maybe have secondary servers so that MP games can always be matched. Since I bought ToW at release I've only been able to access MP <20 times ever! This, even though I regularly check to see if its up when I fire up the game, so we're talking about a 95% outage from where I am.

Or are we looking at firewall issue? If so what's needed to set up geographic servers to eliminate this little pita?

The MP games that I have managed to play have been a ton of fun that were some thought put into it could be one of the best MP games around. I'd really like to see the ability to trigger reinforcements & more MP game modes like capture zones for reinforcements & various supports etc. Give us the tools & let the community do the rest.

By the way, Gnasher, there are three ToW2 MP modes. In two of them you must capture and hold one or several critical locations on the map, while the third mode is attack/defence (and defender can position his forces on the map before the match starts). Players can also buy units from the pool just like in singleplayer.

It is not clear for me, will it be possible to have some reinforcement in TOW 2 with the "sleep" function ? (Am I clear ?:confused:)

For the two others modes, can we re-use the triggers for TOW 1, or is it really specific ?

For users of ToW-1, we have updated the MP system and I think

that someone from 1C already posted this info, but you can make a couple of

simple text edits so that your copy of ToW-1 will now connect to the updated

Multiplayer Game Listing server system.

Here are those edits to be made (again, this is for ToW-1 ONLY!).

Users of ToW1 should change the following lines in the "mp.ini" file located

in your 'Theatre of War 2\users\' folder:

Change the line

InetServerAddress=

TO

InetServerAddress=194.135.103.190

and change the line:

InetServerAdressUpdate=http://files.games.1c.ru/ww2_wargame/iserver.txt

TO

InetServerAdressUpdate=http://files.games.1c.ru/ww2_wargame/n00.txt

Madmatt

p.s. I will want the guys from 1C to confirm, but I believe this system will