Sloooooow

Hi,

I may have overdone it with the "o's" in slow, but having progressed to 1945, the computer takes longer and longer to perform its turn. At present (March 1945) it takes about 4,5 minutes. This really takes away the fun that I had in the beginning of the game.

My computer is a 3,4GHz Intel Pentium with 2Gb of internal memory and a Geforce 7900GS graphics card (256Mb).

Do other players encounter slow game performance or is my computer already outdated in terms of speed?

Regards,

Dirk

If the AI is allied then by 1945 it does have more units to handle, so a little slowing down is inevitable.

However, have you pressed F3 to speed up the animation of the AI's turns? That should help.

There is also a video acceleration option (in Options) which might also help.

No matter what you do, yeah, it gets slow if you're playing as the Japanese. It's a fair trade-off for a decent AI, I think, but it does make the attention deficit types among us (me included) antsy. No free lunch, I guess!

Perhaps no free lunch, but look at the bright side---if it gets even slower you can go HAVE lunch wyw :)

Hi again,

Nice to see that replies come in faaaast. :)

I have turned on the video acceleration option and have pressed F3. Alas, to no avail. Playing as the Japanese, the Allied computer opponent still takes about the same amount of time to think, plan and organise its move (animation was fast and remains fast).

Hopefully there are other ideas to improve performance? Any other ideas, apart from buying a faster computer and the F3 option?

Cheers,

Dirk