Will It Run??

I downloaded the demo and it seemed like this would be a "Fun" game. As I was thinking about buying the game, I came across the requirements. It says that the minimum for video card is 128mb and I only have 64mb on my card. I only have 1 gig of shared ram (minus 64 for the video). I don't feel like buying a new computer to play a game!!

Is anyone running this game on a less than optimum requirements??

Besides being a nifty marketing tool, the demo is also meant to be a test for you if you can run a game. We do this because we have a "no refund" policy. But if the demo runs, then it's safe to assume that the full game will run, too. You may have performance issues if you don't meet the min. requirements.

Besides being a nifty marketing tool, the demo is also meant to be a test for you if you can run a game. We do this because we have a "no refund" policy. But if the demo runs, then it's safe to assume that the full game will run, too. You may have performance issues if you don't meet the min. requirements.

The Demo seems to run Ok. It takes a while for the AI to go through it's routine, but that may be normal? I run it at 1024x768x16 and it works. I'll play with the demo for awhile and see how it works out. My processor is a Pentium 4 at 3.0 GHz. So I should be ok there.

I downloaded the demo and it seemed like this would be a "Fun" game. As I was thinking about buying the game, I came across the requirements. It says that the minimum for video card is 128mb and I only have 64mb on my card. I only have 1 gig of shared ram (minus 64 for the video). I don't feel like buying a new computer to play a game!!

Is anyone running this game on a less than optimum requirements??

I am running a 128 card, but lower spec than what the requirements state (I have 6600GT). No performance issues whatsoever, and I can still crank up the settings to the highest notch (except resolution, which has to be one less than the best possible---which is still very good).

But as was said by someone else; if the demo runs for you, then the game will :)

eLicense is our Digital Rights Management suite. Unlike other horror solutions that phone home or require you to verify your license every x days etc. it's a straightforward online activation solution. You install the game and you activate it. That's it.

On top of it, eLicense allows you to unlicense your game and move it to any other computer you want at any time. You can do this as often as you want, too, so your license never expires.

The only thing that eLicense really does is this: it limits you to 2 activations AT THE SAME TIME with the same key. So you can have the game on your desktop and your laptop with the same key, but you cannot use that key to activate on a third PC until you unlicense one of these previously activated copies.

Other than that, there are no restrictions or behind-your-back schemes. You do not require a CD in drive to play, you can copy and even install the game as often as you like and so forth. You can find an extensive FAQ at www.battlefront.com/faq

eLicense is our Digital Rights Management suite. Unlike other horror solutions that phone home or require you to verify your license every x days etc. it's a straightforward online activation solution. You install the game and you activate it. That's it.

On top of it, eLicense allows you to unlicense your game and move it to any other computer you want at any time. You can do this as often as you want, too, so your license never expires.

The only thing that eLicense really does is this: it limits you to 2 activations AT THE SAME TIME with the same key. So you can have the game on your desktop and your laptop with the same key, but you cannot use that key to activate on a third PC until you unlicense one of these previously activated copies.

Other than that, there are no restrictions or behind-your-back schemes. You do not require a CD in drive to play, you can copy and even install the game as often as you like and so forth. You can find an extensive FAQ at www.battlefront.com/faq

Sounds pretty "Simple", I'll check out the faq link...

The internet connection is needed ONLY ONCE, when you activate the game after the installation. It is not required later on to actually run the game. So if you're hit by one of those nasty Florida monster storms you can still play without any problems (provided your house still stands I guess :)) You only need it again if you'd want to un-license and move it to a new PC.

BTW, it is also possible to activate on a PC that has no internet connection. There is an off-line procedure which requires access to the internet eventually but it doesn't have to be from the same PC where the game is.

Martin

The internet connection is needed ONLY ONCE, when you activate the game after the installation. It is not required later on to actually run the game. So if you're hit by one of those nasty Florida monster storms you can still play without any problems (provided your house still stands I guess :)) You only need it again if you'd want to un-license and move it to a new PC.

BTW, it is also possible to activate on a PC that has no internet connection. There is an off-line procedure which requires access to the internet eventually but it doesn't have to be from the same PC where the game is.

Martin

Well, it seems as though the whole process is pretty seamless. I'm not sure what all of the negative comments asbout e-license were about ???

Cubby, there is one very rare issue so far that causes a CTD but we've already got a fix in place for the first patch and I have already provided fixes to those that have encountered it so they could continue their game.

Other than that it seems to run quite smoothly without any other serious issues reported.

Hubert