Problem

I know that this problem isn't related to Pacific theater, but it occurs with all other SC games that are oun on the market (except European theater which I uninstalled). Anyway the problem is that whenever I'm in the notepad part of the editor where it allows you to edit event scripts a message comes up which states that "It cannot create Whatever event your under and it then says to make sure the path and file name are correct. It doesn't matter what game of the SC series your in, or what campagin your in. Whenever you try it always comes up with the same error message. It's just gotten really annoying, and I've tried contacting tech guys at dell and trying myself to figure out what I had to do to anwser this problem, but nothing has worked. If you need a further justifcation of what the problem is, because I was either not clear enough or you don't understand the problem please let me know. My guess is that I'm the only one with this problem. If anybody else has experenced this problem before, or know what the anwser is please tell me I can use all the help I can get.

scottsmm,

Are you using Vista? Can you provide a screen capture of the exact error message so I can view it and might be able to better understand the issue? You can do this by hitting the PrtScn button on your keyboard and then pasting the contents into MS-PAINT and saving it as a JPG etc.

Thanks,

Hubert

Hey just glad to see you got it working :)

For future reference with anyone having the same problem, Vista seems to be a bit particular when programs are installed in the Program Files directory (in some cases) so as a quick workaround if you install into another directory such as 'Games' it seems to resolve the issue. For example:

C:\Games\Battlefront\Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater

Hubert

Hey just glad to see you got it working :)

For future reference with anyone having the same problem, Vista seems to be a bit particular when programs are installed in the Program Files directory (in some cases) so as a quick workaround if you install into another directory such as 'Games' it seems to resolve the issue. For example:

C:\Games\Battlefront\Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater

Hubert

Yet another reason that I am happy to have stuck with XP. One wonders about the beta testing of MS products.

Just curious, was the game designed with a bias towards running under XP? It certainly runs well with that OS, regardless :)

Happycat, believe me if I had a choice I would have chosen XP 99 out of a hundred times. Only problem is when the vendor choices to only sell vista, and you need a new computer you don't have a choice. I can honestly say I know XP like the back of my hand. I definitely can't say that about Vista.

Happycat, no bias its just that Vista enforces some OS rules that not all software was particularly designed for and so it will take some adjustment to get up to speed and at the same time enforce backwards compatibility. SC is really not alone in this regard when it comes to Vista... believe me it is a real challenge sometimes :(

Hubert