the chinese

I have been playing the demo since it came out, will get the game next week, I was wondering if players who have the full game can give me some insight on fighting the Chinese, is their any advantage in going after them, I have tried different ways to do battle as the Japanese, of course I only have until May 1942 to make gains, everything seems to go well except against the Chinese, cannot win many battles with them, they seem stronger than me.

You players that have the full game do things get better against the Chinese

as the game wears on or is it better to just control the ports and major cities, and be concerned about the United States.

Willy

I've dealt with them a couple ways. If you really want to take them down you need to commit to it. Bring in extra divisions and lots of airpower. All they'll be able to do is try and slow your advance. You'll find your units will gain loads of experience in China too as they pound them month after month. By the time I advance on their main capital I usually have 4-5 units that have full experience bars.

The other route you can take is to put just enough forces in China to keep them in check. Part of the victory condition for the Japanese is to take their main capital, but you can instead use those extra units to go after Delhi, Australia's capital or Hawaii, all of which also count towards victory. I think the British in Burma are a bigger threat, but the Chinese can overwhelm you with numbers if you aren't putting adequate pressure on them.

I think it's important to try and cripple or outright remove either the threat from Chinese forces or British forces in Burma in order to free up more units to hold the US back. Extra air units can be placed throughout your pacific island holdings, and extra infantry can be placed to defend those islands and Japan proper. In the end the US is likely the only country that will be in a position to take out Japan, so no matter what my plan is it always has the US in mind in the long-term.

My issue with China isn't the manpower, I have 3 HQs and over 2 handfuls of units. It appears that there are only 2 avenues of approach to the capital, and I'm not able to surround and conquer.

I end up with alot of unmoved but 5+ supplied units not being able to navigate through the mountainous terrain.