SF Marines

Clyde

Well, I loved the setting and real time component, but some of the things were missing from the old series.There wasn't much customisation in quick battle and the editor was hard to get a hang of.

Not too much, but you know to me I have to know if a game is worth the buy.

I'd wait for the 1.1 patch as the editor and quick battles don't really work any differently than in the Marines version.

I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the editor and really liked the CM1 version of it, but then again I hate having to actually read the directions on anything! :o

My understanding is that 1.1 will have an improved way of picking forces that will give some more control to the player. I enjoyed (and am still enjoying) the Marine module and find that just tweaking around with existing scenarios keeps me entertained even when building my own maps and scenarios is too problematical and confusing.

QBs are a bugger due to the lack of ability to choose the equipment you want, and if you go with the default choices Red vs Blue is hopelessly skewed in favor of Blue. However, there are some work-arounds to improve the situation. Check out Mark Ezra's post, you'll have to scroll down a bit: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=84886