Armor winter mods not showing

Playing the Germans, I just started an operation in March 1943 near Kharkov and for my armor, the winter mods are not showing even though the terrain is Light Snow and my infantry are wearing their winter outfits. I did confirm that I installed the correct winter mods for the armor. Instead I just the summer paint on my armor.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

• 1 year later...

I've installed probably a couple hundred winter skin mods for almost all the vehicles in game today.

Upon extensive testing with multiple scenerios I've set up in the last hour(using the scenerio generator), from 1941 to 1945, I've only had about 4 German winter armor skins render. It's the total opposite with Soviet units, almost every single winter skin for armor, vehicles, infantry, support are rendering. Spent most of the day and half the evening downloading skins, I'm totally deflated right now.

Yes, they're CMBB mods, yes, its winter and snowing...

The German winter crew uniforms are working, the German winter infantry skins are working. All of the German non winter skins for armor, infantry, vehicles are working just fine.

I noticed the Winter Armor skins start showing up in the BMP files starting at 53000 and end in the upper 60000's. Am I missing something?

I'm quite familiar with using mods and skins from other games. What the heck am I doing wrong? The few "readme" files that actually have installation instructions say to simply download and drop into the BMP folder, which is exactly what I've done. I saw the discussion above commenting on Gelb/Grau, but don't comprehend exactly what they're saying.

I AM running the game on Vista. I used the disc I purchased recently that is Vista compatable.

This games pretty old, and downloading and copying files seems extremely simplistic. I've messed around with some other mods that are a bit more difficult to get running in many other games.... All I can say is that I'm at a total loss with winter armor skins right now for CMBB.

Sounds like incorrect numbering to me. Could you please tell me the names of a few winter mods you downloaded and installed so I can check? After I've taken a look I can tell you what went wrong...

And regarding the Grey/Yellow issue: Until May 1943, all German vehicles in the game show up in Grey; from May 1943 on they're Yellow (or 3-color, depending on what mods you use, but you get the point) - meaning you'll need one winter mod for each vehicle respectively.

Example: The PzIVG (early) shows up in grey AND in Yellow, so you'll have to download a winter mod for both. Which might be the second reson a lot of winter mods aren't showing: you just have downloaded either the winter mod for the Yellow OR the Grey vehicle. Does that clear some things up?

Many thanks... clears things up a bit. I hit the jackpot with Daffy's(Dey) winter skins. I must have hit the tipping point when I started downloading his mods after my last post. I just kept downloading enough gelb and grau winter skins until they started appearing.

I was thinking it was rather odd.. Panzer crews had white overcoats, infantry had overwhites, my Panzer tracks and we're white, but no whitewash on the armor....

Thanks again.