Something not quite right with crew morale

Hi,

I was just playing a game in which several M1s came up against a load of BMP3s. One M1 was immobilised on top of a ridge and came under a massive barrage of fire. It was getting hit every second by 120mm rounds and cannon fire. After about 30 seconds of this pounding it had lost every bit of equipment on its damage list as far down as but not including the main gun. In other words, optics, targeting computer etc. were all destroyed. When I checked the crew's morale, they were "Cautious".

Come on! Admittedly, the turret armour was shrugging off all these rounds, but wouldn't the crew be just a little bit perturbed about being the main target of someone's shooting gallery? They would surely be shaken at least just from the din and vibration of all this firepower bouncing off them.

Just thought I'd mention it as it looked decidedly odd to me.

I see your point, maybe the crew had a high experience rating?

I just completed a scenario where my Abrams engaged a T90 at point blank range and failed to penetrate the side of the T90. My Abrams then recieved fire from the T90 and a hidden RPG, both doing no damage. By this stage my crew were shaken and promptly bailed out of their undamaged vehicle.

There was one Challenger2 during operation telic that was immobilized by reversing into a ditch. It was engaged by a milan atgm, scored at least 7 hits on it by rpgs, and had all the gunner and commanders optics knocked out. Then the iraqis climbed on the vehicle, jumped up and down on it, and presumably tried to prise the hatches open. The crew remained calm and stayed in the tank till the rest of the troop turned up and drove the Iraqis away, then they recovered the vehicle. The crew and the tank were back in combat inside of a few days.

So no, I wouldnt say its unrealistic. Atypical, mayble. :)

You should be able to reenter the tank, if it isnt damaged anyway.

While that does seem odd.......At the same time, I would say I have seen the exact opposite more often than not with "elite" units....... Where taking fire (terribly inaccurate fire) they become bogged down or "cowering" extremely fast.....

I think there is a definite need for a value increase across the board for "elite" rated units within CMSF.

I have to agree with Cpl Steiner--in the Allah's Fist scenario, one of my Abrams M1A2 tanks (veteran crew) took literally 20 or so direct hits to the front of the tank from a whole mess of t-62s, along with an additional 15-20 ricochets. TC KIA, gunner was at wounded status, optics/smoke launchers/treads/targeting computer all 100% knocked out, yet my immobilized/blind/black-out (i didn't even hear the engine running anymore) Abrams was able to return fire in this state and systematically knock out about a half dozen t-62s.

Seems peculiar to me.