RealTime and WeGo discussion

Without autonomous AI that could follow the player's plans and intents, units must remain within the player's control. Since we've always known this, and also known that such AI is commercially impossible to develop, we've never considered this concept. Simply put, it doesn't work ;)

Steve

Oh, I see. Reading the relevant passage in the original manual more carefully:

Friendly units need to be spotted just like enemy units. If you have a friendly unit not in line of sight or contact with another friendly unit, then the only way to find this unit is by either re-establishing contact with another of your units or by clicking through the chain of command in the game interface, jumping from unit to unit.

... reveals that units do not get lost.

I am sorry for causing confusion!!

Best regards,

Thomm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without autonomous AI that could follow the player's plans and intents, units must remain within the player's control. Since we've always known this, and also known that such AI is commercially impossible to develop, we've never considered this concept. Simply put, it doesn't work ;)

Steve

Or, said another way, "Without people taking on the job of the other people in the battle (since you're just the one commander), you have to think for everyone, at least until the level where instinct takes over."

Still, I'd be very interested to look into a modification where the actions you give to your people become increasingly fuzzy as the lines of communication, morale, experience and control decrease.