Strange PBEM bug - All enemies position known

Might as well tag this on here:

WeGo bug I noticed (in single player), which I spotted in both the CM:SF stryker campaign in 1.08 (1st battle) and the USMC campaign 1.10 3rd battle (defending your hillside against Syrian counterattack with no AT assets to speak of).

At the start of the orders phase, when enemy reinforcements arrive, if the camera is pointing in the right direction you see a very brief flash of the reinforcements icons - probably just for a single frame. I saw it for the tanks arriving in task force thunder, and figured it was the tanks because I knew they arrived about then, and in the place I saw the flash. So when I saw a similar flash in Semper Fi, Syria, I figured reinforcements had just arrived at that spot. And sure enough, when I hit 'go' to start the turn, there were indeed 3 BMPs magically at that very spot.

Same flash occurs in the following circumstance: enemy IN a building, spotted, but no details so just the "?" icon. If you plot a unit to move INTO the same building, the building will appear transparent. When you select your unit with the move order, you get the same momentary flash. It reveals whatever enemy is in the building. (It MAY be when you select a move order for that unit. It happened a week or so ago - repeatedly with the same unit - but I problably have a savegame available.)

Note that this is in WeGo vs. AI, not in PBEM.

I have not tested to see if this works for enemy units with no icon whatsoever. Meaning, if you happen to plot a move into a building with hidden enemy units and are looking at that building as you select your unit.

Ken

It dawns on me: Blues for Allah...it's not a bug for Blue to "see" Red. They have been given "Full Intell" for this scen. If that's what you are seeing it's no bug.

Ah, I'm playing the same scenario and that's what I get. I had assumed that it was not a bug but was having second thoughts after reading this thread.

It dawns on me: Blues for Allah...it's not a bug for Blue to "see" Red. They have been given "Full Intell" for this scen. If that's what you are seeing it's no bug.

I played this scenario in single player and I definitely didn't have full intell, because I remember being ambushed badly. So there is an inconsistency at least. Or I might be really wrong.

And the "flashing" is really weird. I can *see* all the units on the map, as if I'm playing recruit level during the first few seconds.

Perhaps you need to stop eating those funny little mushrooms, they may be the cause of your "flashes"

Seriously, I also loaded up "Blues for Allah" from the Blue side, and I see icons with "?", but no real ID of Red unit types initially. This was in one player WEGO Elite mode.

OK...you guys can argue out the "?" vs the "I know the name of each unit"...a worthy discussion to be sure... I don't know the how or why of the Intell...so I'll leave that up to people who actually know something...my best guess has the same odds as a $1 lotto ticket.

Hmmm, none of that is what I saw. Edit my upstream post. It actually occurred in the 7th battle of the TF Narwick campaign. No icon for the enemy other than "?", but my move point plotted into their building revealed them. But only for a moment. However, I could repeat that momentary glimpse at will as frequently as needed. :) It was simultaneous with the building turning transparent when the waypoint went into it. After that, all I had to do was select my unit with that waypoint.

However, it was all under v1.08. So, if nothing's changed in the code which could account for that, it still may be a minor issue. Otherwise, it's not. :)

Thanks,

Ken