Suggestion: regroup command

I have made an attack and all my squads are split up and mixed with each other. There is a company of Marines in this situation. That is 3x3x3 = 27 teams + at least 10 teams of support/HQ units. Now I want to continue my attack with all squads rejoined and each platoon again together.

It is easy, although very laborious, to move every team one at a time to regroup the squads / platoons. It would be convenient if this process could be automated. For this I propose the regroup command. Its only purpose would be to bring squads together (if given to any team of the squad) or squads together if given to platoon HQ. One could go to higher levels but that is probably unnecessary. The command should of course be given into a safe spot. By giving just 3 commands one could rejoin all the platoons of the company and be ready to continue the attack. Or move one platoon to reserve or whatever.

It might be that I am just an unorganized and lazy player, but for me this is an important issue in larger attacks.

I know this probably falls into the "much work, little gain" category, but there is always the possibility that this is actually easy to implement...

That.... is an awesome idea. But since i split squads only in dense urban areas and I regroup fairly quickly, I wouldn't use it a lot.

There might be some problems if a team falls under fire or the team just runs straight into a tank or something. Without the right planning, they could just get killed.

Use only in safe situations.

Come to think of it, this could be used to move platoon at a time in safe situations. So this is a kind of a formation command. I know formations are something that BFC will not implement due to the endless amount of special case coding.

But this can also seen as just a group movement command. We don't actually care in what formation the units will end up or having any formation while moving. Just that teams of the same squad will go to the same action spot and that platoon's squads end up close to the HQ. No need for special case coding. Just issue a move command near the destination for each team (putting teams of a squad in the same AS) and that is all.

The situation that I have a clear front line and I know that everything behind the front line is safe is common. In this situation I don't really need to care where my teams are and I could for example pull one platoon from the front line to reserve.

A squad split to 3 teams and mixed with another squad's teams in a small area is common. In this situation regroup could be used to join the squad even if I don't know the exact positions of the teams.

BTW the second problem is really annoying if you happen to have for example two 3rd squads from two different platoons mixed up...

But this can also seen as just a group movement command. We don't actually care in what formation the units will end up or having any formation while moving. Just that teams of the same squad will go to the same action spot and that platoon's squads end up close to the HQ. No need for special case coding. Just issue a move command near the destination for each team (putting teams of a squad in the same AS) and that is all.

that you can already do.... if doubbletap the Plt HQ and the whole platoon will be hightlighted, then you can just press "move" and to wherever you want them. and they will arrive in total caos, but thats what you wanted.

and about your other suggestion, personly I dont like it at all and cant see any real use of it if you fight as you should. despite seperating the teams you still have the squads fairly close to eachother so they are in command lines etc.

Its rare I mix upp platoons at all, sometimes during crossing a road with on one good crossing etc, but for the rest I make sure to keep them seperated.

/Thomas

I would like a "consolidate" command which would reinforce existing rifle squads with the individual survivors from teams and weapons crews that have sustained casualties.

For example, you have a rifle squad that has taken 3 casualties and a near-by MG team that is down to one man. You move them together and give the "consolidate" command, and then the single-man MG team goes away, and the squad is plus-ed up by one.