Tough Swedish lasses vs. M6 traffic and the bobbies

John Kettler

SSgt Viljuri,

I shall be most interested to know what the true explanation is for a) their behavior and B) their surviving what should be fatal encounters. In light of their demonstrated toughness, I'd suggest anyone dating either not cheat!

Wicky,

I'm from the States, and save in the odd British made crime film, have never heard them called anything but bobbies (from Robert Peel), peelers, cops (Constable on Patrol) PCs, (Patrol Constables), Constable or Officers, with bobbies by far the most prevalent. And yes, there are some choice names for the minions of the law, here, too, to include the common farmyard animal which gives us bacon.

Regards,

John Kettler

[snips]

cops (Constable on Patrol)

Back etymology. The SOED gives the origin as from the verb cop, meaning "to capture or catch".

PCs, (Patrol Constables)

Police Constable, not Patrol Constable.

with bobbies by far the most prevalent.

Very rarely heard in the UK these past two or three decades. Say rather "scuffers", "fuzz", "The Babylon" if the fancy takes you, or, probably most frequent, "The Old Bill" (or simply "The Bill").

All the best,

John.

Fair cop guv'nor! Well, obviously my police jargon (U.K.) chip needs replacement, and at least some of what I thought I knew is wrong, to boot!

Even so, I'm still looking for more info on how these two were able to do what they did, in the case of one, twice, and live. Any word on a "D" notice regarding the real details? If drugs or other means (note lower case) made this possible, would imagine MoD wants to know which ones, ditto SIS.

Regards,

John Kettler

Fruitcakes.

This article: Svenska tvillinsystrar lekte med döden - nu är den ena häktad (in Swedish) seems to indicate that one of them is about to be charged with murder. A 54-year old nurse, father of three, was stabbed to death, near Stoke-on-Trent. Yet another suicide attempt followed, but no avail.

First it was iron ore to Adolf, then ABBA, and now this! Should NATO & Russia invade Sweden to just make it sure that none of those will happen ever again?

I would have thought the explanation was quite simple. These were aliens, possibly who were once in league with the Nazis, with some kind of personal graviton ray shielding.

That's the same thought I had. It must be true then, we couldn't both be wrong. Well, you could I suppose. But not me.

Michael