Hint... don't play The Louch in multiplayer

Mr. Louch, which is my new term of respect for the man, uncovered a bit of a problem with the Campaign. The root of the problem is he is apparently a better player than our testers :D Through a small victory score problem with Battle 1, the fact that he completely slaughtered all the Red forces meant that Battle 2 was not what he should have gone to with the results he had. I don't want to spoil anything for any of you so I'll not get into details, other than to say if you're thinking of playing against The Louch, you may wish to reconsider unless you really do like losing ;)

I've gone in and tweaked the parameters for Battle 1 so this issue won't come up again. We should have the file slipstreamed into the download for new customers sometime Saturday and it will appear on the hard goods version which should start shipping on Monday.

If you are currently playing the Campaign, and are already past the second battle, you obviously suck compared to The Louch and that means you didn't encounter the problem :D If you have not started the Campaign already, you might want to wait until we post the corrected version in case you are as good as The Louch.

Hopefully The Louch will now find that hour of fighting nobody not as much of a waste of time as he thought, what with all the ego stroking he just got out of it!

Steve

All you guys (with the game) will need to download is the Campaign file. However, those of you who have already started won't see any benefit from this since all the data for the Campaign is stored in the save game file. Meaning, you can't hot swap once a campaign is underway. This is to ensure that things don't get out of synch by changes in a new Campaign file being different than the old.

However, in this case it shouldn't matter for those of you who have started already. The reason is you're probably already on Battle 3, and therefore have already gone through the problem.

To be clear, the underlying problem is that in Battle One the weights for Blue victory are off a bit, which causes a great result to be scored as mediocre. This then punts the player into a battle which was set up on the assumption that Blue did poorly. The degree of success Blue had in Battle 1 translates into the ability to breeze through the special Battle 2. If you did perfect, as The Louch did, then you have nothing to fight. If you did very well, as some of the other guys here have done, then you have a very easy time of it. If you did poorly, then the fight is more difficult and as it was intended to be.

But The Louch shouldn't get too full of himself, despite my buttering him up :) The reason is that the special Battle 2 was supposed to be a cakewalk even if you did poorly in Battle 1. It was put there as an ego bandaid for people who really did have a tough time with the first battle. So even at it's best, special Battle 2 only offers a small challenge.

Steve