Oil?

Is there oil in the pacific theatre game? I also assume it will be scaleable to a global scenario.

Also would I be able to import PDE made scenarios to the new game? I want to make a global game like World in Flames (same scale) but I dont want to do it twice.

If you guys add oil this game would be just about perfect. Of all my years playing board games and PC games of this nature SC is the best game I have ever seen whithin its scope. If you didnt make SC2 I would still be playing SC1

Oil is abstracted in the usual way (i.e. as per previous games in the SC series) but it will be even more important to hold the oil wells than before because they are going to be worth significantly more than they were in the European scenarios.

So I think we'll get the result that we are aiming for: if you don't hold many oil wells then you won't be likely to win the game.

• 4 weeks later...

YES!!!...As an example!,...'OIL' was of paramount concern for the Japanese!. I can't remember exactly,...but i believe that is one reason why the Japanese attacked

'Singapore & Davo'? in quick-succession!...in order to naildown the Oil-LifeLine!. Without 'OIL' the Japanese War-Machine would have ground to a halt!.

I hate to say it but this is the one aspect of SC that really needs some improvement. I know its been talked about many times and there have been some good proposals, but somehow ...it seems we haven't hit upon just the congenial feature of representation.

I'm not sure if its a coding problem or what, but oil needs a more apparent role in SC. I mean...of all the resources of WW2 impact, it is by far the single most important commodity, perhaps the decisive consideration for the entire era.

Its deficiency was the one driving factor for campaign modelling by both Axis major partners, and the one thing that gave the Allies a most formidable advantage.

What to do? ...... What to do?:confused: