Licence Keys!

Pandur

now while i am patiently awaiting the marines module to come out in the next one or two weeks, i thought about the time when i will own CMSF+marines+brits+euros, CM:normandy+3 modules and ovcourse CMSF2 and CM:eastfront with some modules too...

do we need to keep track of 10-20 license keys, seperate for every main game and module? that sounds rather horribly after all i have to say.

will modules come without licence key and be playable with the licenced main game or does every single module have to be licenced online too?

i mean thats the way it is, if it has to be, but its far from compftable or convinient in my eyes.

thanks

Each game comes with its own key. This is not specific to modules, but to any game. And not only Battlefront, but to basically all games out there, since nearly all of them are using keys.

We do have a neat solution, though. It's one of the reasons we have introduced the new store and the use of Customer accounts. All license keys from all your past purchases (since Oct 1, 2007) are saved in your customer account, and are accessible 24/7. All you need is one Username and one Password, and you'll have all keys at your disposal. That is MUCH better than juggling 10-20 license keys :)

First, let me clarify. Oct 1, 2007 (not 2008), i.e. last year not this year. All purchases made since then are logged in your customer account already, and all future purchases are, naturally, logged, too :)

Hey Moon.... I purchased my copy of CMSF before 1 Oct 2007 ..... Can you set up a page where users can register their License keys from purchases prior to 1 Oct 2007?

No sorry. Any purchases before Oct 1, 2007 have to use our legacy system. Which is a fancy name for "email us at elicense@battlefront.com and we'll dig it out of our database" :)

Not trying to be difficult but I don't understand how a registration page would be less efficient than sending you an email?

For example, I go to your secure registration page and enter my information along with a my unique license key. You then go through your internal process to determine if the key is valid. If the key is valid then add the key to your customer account DB. If another user tries to register the same key then the key is contested and you have a separate internal procedure to handle that situation.

The only reason I can determine this might not work is if you guys have some duplicate keys floating around so each key is not truly unique.