Syrian Modder present

There's some interesting AVs in there, not all of them Syria's.

After a quick google, the first tank, at :05, is an Iranian Zulfiqar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulfiqar_MBT but no picture - I'll leave it to you to google.

I believe those are centurians at the 1:00 mark - therefore probably Israeli. An earlier version is seen later on. Did Syria ever have them?

What on earth is that at the 1:13 mark? And another interesting one at the 3:25 mark which I'd be interested in finding out about.

A few other oddities thrown in: stug, PIVs M60 M113, upgunned shermans (again prob Israeli) and some nice shots of zsu-23.

Found the vid while hunting for Arabic military speech for Mord, so didn't have time to more than glance at it. StuG and Panzer IV were both at one time in the Syrian inventory, and immobilized ones were still in use as pillboxes in the 1967 War atop the Golan Heights. The ones shown may be at Latrun. No idea whether the Syrians captured any upgunned Shermans. At the 1:13 mark is an AMX VCP, I think. This says the Israelis had a tank captured in 1982.

http://www.mia.org.il/articles.html

Icks, FAMOUS TANK BATTLES, page 324 lists Syria's force composition as being similar to Egypt's, and Egypt had Centurions, as did Jordan. At 3:25, you're looking at a T-90S.

Regards,

John Kettler