Islamic Cemetery (Wall Mod) and Collonaded Building

As part of my Ramadi campaign map, I've come up with a couple of very specialized mods, shown in the attached screenie.

1. Using the alpha channel transparency to break up the segments into individual crypts, I modded the smaller rural stone wall segments to represent the densely packed stone crypts of an Islamic cemetery (religious custom discourages ostentatious monuments or gravestones). If you look closely, the images do look very "2d" -- that can't be avoided, but I was pleased with the overall effect when you put a lot of them together. If you add some trees, brush and shellholes (empty graves) this is some of the best defensive terrain you can fight in.... nearly impregnable to anything but airstrikes (in the real deal, US troops generally call in Apaches rather than try to fight insurgents "tomb to tomb").

2. In the background is a mausoleum using a specialized building type I worked up based on the "blue" building type, mainly for use in the courtyards of mosques and palaces. The ground floor has 5 transparent door-sized openings (although only the middle one is really a functional door). In order for it to work right, you must select the WWDWW configuration (the windows and doors are blank, which makes the upper levels of this building look funny -- suggest either no windows or the "long window" type.

Cemetery1.jpg

There's another "action shot" taken from the other end of this cemetery in my self-promoting Ramadi thread.

I'll put these up on CMMODs if anybody is interested, but there are a lot of quirks in both of them -- inevitable artifacts of the game engine, and they might confuse casual downloaders.

Comments welcomed