:( I won't be droning on and on, and I am not going to say mean things either.

But this is just SC2 in the Pacific, and no, I am not expecting to want this.

The visual aspect just doesn't do it for me.

But I won't refuse to try the demo. I assume there is a demo planned.

I just can't get Ireland out of my head, and somehow this looks like an incredibly large dose of Irelands.

I'll need a GREAT deal of people explaining how the game has evolved enough to allow for island hoping. And one tile islands don't look very encouraging.

This is where you explain how you will defend an island that historically was all about the airfield, but in the game you can't place both a land unit to hold it, and an air unit to make it something worth holding.

I don't even want to think about the naval game just now. That's going to be one massive dose of engine evolution.

As we speak, I don't own a Pacific grand strategy title I really feel "excited" about.

I think I was nuts buying War in the Pacific (to be honest, it's not about the game's accuracy, I think I'd rather just put in a 12 hour day as an accountant, likely more relaxing).

Im just grateful that we have anything at all to begin with!. Let's worry about calling down EVIL upon the game after we have given it a shot first!,...instead of immediately...plunging into 'Pre-Judging' it!.

Im sure that...as alway's,...improvement's will be made!.

I'm sure they will have a demo, like all the other games. Best way to determine if you want it or not. You might be surprised...

Do agree on War in the Pacific. Remember getting that and lost interest quite fast...I couldn't have the patience for that game now...

Do agree on War in the Pacific. Remember getting that and lost interest quite fast...I couldn't have the patience for that game now...

I never thought that I would see the day when a game would have too much detail for me, but WitP managed that feat. Even now that I'm retired, I don't think there are enough hours in a day to devote to that game.

For me, the gold standard of computer simulations of WW2 in the Pacific is still SSI's "Pacific War". The AI was no screaming hell, but it was a blast as a PBEM game.

Hopefully Battlefront gives us something that approaches that experience with this new project.

Les,

True, if you don't like Strategic Command then it will be hard for me to argue that this is the game for you ;)

But for anyone else that has enjoyed the current game system then you should feel right at home with Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater. Some of the new features and changes I've detailed in another thread and that can be found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1083166&postcount=5

Hubert

Hubert, I've never disliked let alone hated Strategic Command. Your game's interface is still a major hurdle to beat.

It had a few errors, but I think every game has a few errors.

SC2 though, disappointed me, in that it didn't expand on SC1, it was an entirely new design.

I just don't really like SC2 much.

I'm unsure what the Pacific game will be like. I'll just have to see the demo I guess.

Pacific theatre grand strategy though, is still mostly under exploited territory.