Campaign AI

zmoney

Hello I'm sure this question was asked three years ago when the game was announced but....... How will the game play out as a single player against the computer? I'm not one of these unrealistic customers that expects the AI to be as cunning as a human opponet but seeing as I will mostly play this game against the computer, due to my work schedual I hope it will be worth while.

So, will the AI put up a good fight or is this game ment for two player only?

For the "So, will the AI put up a good fight or is this game ment for two player only?" this level of playing will play with 1 human payer against the computer to many players aside (I do not remember what the limit is).

The first part can only truthfully be answered by a designer or Beta player. I remember reading that the battles were fair.

A good question I am asking everyone is when you want the AI to resolve battles can you setup different aggressive/non aggressive settings, like “take the objective and suffer only 30% casualties” or “keep his troops in check with only 20% casualties” and possibly other actions? This could be a matrix with “attack” to “retreat” and “no-casualties” to “fight to the last man” (as Hitler or Stalin would have said).

Zmoney - with players around the world I would have thought any schedule could be accomodated! : )

True, but this game look like it will be pretty immersive. I played a CMAK campaign that took a year to complete (which I won in case anyone’s keeping score) and I think a game of this magnitude would take double that.

Plus, I sucks waiting for turns especially when the action is heating up.

True, but this game look like it will be pretty immersive. I played a CMAK campaign that took a year to complete (which I won in case anyone’s keeping score) and I think a game of this magnitude would take double that.

Plus, I sucks waiting for turns especially when the action is heating up.

Congrats on winning.

I know how it feels on waiting on other battles to get the tacktical moves in (being I was in the first mega campaign).

Has it been considered that when a battle has started the AI will be the Judge and will stop the play and make a battle disition based on territory and losses?

Not to be winded but say after a previously set up a time limit (say 3 weeks (21 days)) the AI stops the game and determains the battle results.

Might that system not be open to abuse, if implemented? A player could, foreseeing a catastrophic deterioration in his position over the next few turns, deliberately sit on the PBEM file and wait until the AI calls a halt and decides the result based on the situation as it was when play stopped.

e.g.: Commander rushes units forward to take an objective flag, exhausting them in the process, and spots an armoured counter-thrust two minutes away from wiping the floor with his men, who haven't any AT weaponry. Commander sits on PBEM file for two weeks, and the AI declares him the victor.

Might that system not be open to abuse, if implemented? A player could, foreseeing a catastrophic deterioration in his position over the next few turns, deliberately sit on the PBEM file and wait until the AI calls a halt and decides the result based on the situation as it was when play stopped.

e.g.: Commander rushes units forward to take an objective flag, exhausting them in the process, and spots an armoured counter-thrust two minutes away from wiping the floor with his men, who haven't any AT weaponry. Commander sits on PBEM file for two weeks, and the AI declares him the victor.

Good points.

I think the same way the AI can fight battles if you want the AI to, the AI can assess what is left on the battle field and determine who wins if not a draw. If they had put it into the game.:rolleyes:

When I use to play board games the similar thing would happen at the end of the game in the attacker would flood the cap zone on the last turn. All you could do is try to block or have opportunity fire on the cap zones or exit zones. This was part of the game.:P

Advantage of WeBoB for me is that in a club somebody drops a game and they are booted out. Also if the reason was terminal computer failure, being posted to the Artic, then a human can make the decision or play to a conclusion.

Playing oppo's in the wild is a little chancy however you can find good players also.