Modding Discoveries Part II

Modders/Modsluts wanna see something cool?

Don't know if this has already been discovered but uh, check this out!

wowtn5.jpg

That there is the 8th building texture set for CMSF...think about that for a second.

I cycled through and counted them...nothing overwritten...nothing replaced. There are a lot of possibilities there. It all goes back to that numbering thing.

I don't know if it's because CMSF is harder to mod or if it's the setting people dislike but man, this game is just about wide open for modding and it doesn't seem like many people are excited about it. The power is 200X what CMX1 was!

Regardless though, for you WWII fans think about the possibilities...right now I have Syrian infantry wearing Olive drab pants, with a camo shirt, a camo shirt with olive drab pants, olive drab pants and shirt, various helmets of olive to five different types of camo, and about 5 or 6 different types of web gear, and Ditto on the US unis, plus extra faces...just for the helluva it. There's nary a same looking uni with all that mix and match. Can't you see some Germans wearing something similar? No more Clones! We could have a few Unis that are raggedy along side guys wearing half camo and full camo, with five different helmet types...it's only limited by your graphics card as far as I can tell. That's some amazing crap!

Anyways, I won't be uploading that masterpiece to CMMODs but wanted to post in case nobody knows about it. I sure didn't.

Mord.

DEEEEEEEER!

I was just leafing through some old threads and came across a series of posts where I was already discussing this "find" with missinginreality...LOL he was the guy that told me about this. Man my brain is getting shot.

Well hopefully some of you guys didn't know about it.

Mord.

....and a clever use of alpha channals around windows would allow holes in walls through which units could shoot ?

I don't think that would work, changing the Alpha-channel would make the wall transparent, but does not change the underlining 3-D model.

Mord, is there any way to have multiple vehicle skins?

You could definitely have some messed up looking buildings. I don't know about actual holes from the alpha channels but someone talented could make damage textures easily, either as extra buildings or a mod to overwrite the originals. I believe there is a mod that does that to make all the stock buildings look more Eastern European.

Tc as far as I know you can't do multi vehicles...I've tried tests to no avail and I think others have as well.

So far the list would be, multi Unis; which includes helmets, gear and faces, multi sounds, and multi buildings. I am interested to know if we can do multi doodads, or flavor objects.

Mord.

Yes, by deleting windows and walls and putting some bullet holes in the remaining walls as well as some rubble and junk doodads, you can certainly give your buildings that homey, lived in Stalingrad look.

Since I'm not a master of the alpha channel, the "blanked" windows appear gray when viewed at distances of greater than about 10m (not shown in the image).

post-4392-141867620656_thumb.jpg