Tank-fired AT-10s and AT-12s. Possible Bug?

I have been meaning to post this for some time. There isn't any real info in the manual about the vehicle launched AT-10 and AT-12 rounds fired by some Syrian tanks. When I was working on 'Hasrabit' I noticed that the T-72 TURMS fired off their AT-10s first so I assume that the AI considers them to be the most effective round to use against other tanks. There's no info regarding their effective ranges or the weapon's deadliness in the manual whereas ther's plenty about the infantry equipped ATGMs.

Secondly, I'm playtesting my newest offering and I have never seem my T-55s fire off their AT-10s during a mission. I suspect there must be some sort of bug that affects this, as when I move these same forces onto my "Firing Range" map, the T-55s fire those AT-10s off to great effect. The one MAJOR difference between my Firing Range map (and Hasrabit too for that matter) and the scenario map is that there LOTS of trees on the scenario map. We all see rounds exploding in trees quite a lot so perhaps this is causing this problem.

Re T 55 ATGM fire: Rhur River and I are in a PBEM death match with mirrored Syrian forces . Each of us has T-55's... They do indeed fire their ATGM's ...I've got the smokin' hulks to prove it...and so does he... ;) As you know the graphic fire for ATGM shells are noticeably different and the ammo counter clicks off the missiles use.

There's plenty of info out there to be googled on the topic. I suspect the tanks prefer firing their ATGMs because in real life the kill probability again Abrams for early generation KE rounds are almost zero! An old steel KE round (yes, steel) fired by a T72 pierces maybe 600mm of armor(?), Abrams turret is 1400mm equivalent, or something like that.

Adam1 and John

thanks for those links. I'll have a look at them later when I have a break at work. Minimum and maximum ranges and lethality are what I'm interested in. I have most of the info I need available in the manual which is often open when I'm designing missions. This info isn't there.

I'm still wondering why the T-55s don't fire them in the missions I'm working on. They definitely do in other missions and I saw my T-62s fire their AT-12s this morning with great effect. I'm just wondering if there's something about the map that interferes with the AI, perhaps something similar to Normal Dude's map problems interfering with performance.