Just A Thought

Due to the fact that this games absolutly kicks ass....I think it would be awesome to see a Korean war campaign where the US and NATO fight China N.Korea and USSR am i just mental or does anyone else think this would be cool?

Also a World War map with a Global conflict based in this timeline would be an awesome treat imho...anyway i hope one day this happens and Mr.Cater once more Bravo Zulu on an outstanding game!!!!

It would be good, I just hadn't noticed this thread before!

It probably won't interest people as much as WWII, but I for one like the variety and also a chance to learn something about new wars that I wasn't very familiar with before - and the Korean War is one of them.

Are you thinking of making a Korean War mod for PDE, or just hoping that one will be done?

If i had the expertise to do it i would...i have the time not the knowledge...it interests me as my uncle was at the chosin res....also the tactical situation in Korea was Fubar he would tell me stories of the MG barrels gettin so hot they would have guys pissin on them to try to cool them down...glowin white hot...sounded absolutly mental...any way if some one could give me some instructions i guess i could try but am not excatly a comp whiz...I was hopin that Mr Cater would be into it!!!...wat say u ?

Sorry, guys, but Korea is not a war that I have any knowledge or, more importantly, interest in. Without the 'interest' factor I simply cannot motivate myself to see a project through to the bitter end.

However, if you were to make a serious attempt at creating a scenario then I would be more than happy to help you (Read: review your progress, make suggestions and troubleshoot).

I just have too much on at the moment to do anything else with a Korea project anyway (Even if I did have some interest in creating it).

Always happy to help out fellow modders with my limited skills, however.

Well AZ,Bill101..i dont work © so i have all day every day free pretty much...anyway i'm willing to attempt this madness but would have to have some help...e.g where should the map start and end?,which scale?which Countries/forces should be used?...what should the victory conditions be? also i think the bases at Pearl and Subic would be have to be included as they were important to the war.

I would like to thank Moonslayer for his services but must warn i am not such a comp whiz so i prob will have a lot of dumb questions!!!!

No 1 dumb ques....Is there a way to import a map to the editor? or must it be hand drawn?

No 2 DQ where do i begin!!!!!!!

Thanx for your time.....I think that this is a very important part of military history and would make an excellent and entertaining mod as you would have a tactical nightmare in the mountains/hills as we found out in real life...anyway if someone can help me get started im willing to give this a shot!!!!!!!!

Gdtrfb, I believe there is some reference information in the game's pdf instruction manual starting on page 94 about how to use the editor.

This is in the SC2 game file and would be a good place to start, orient yourself. There have been many additions since then and I'm sure the mod gang here will help you work them out.

By the way, Norm Koger's first edition TOAW had an excellent Korean war scenario if you have access to that game. Again, an excellent place to start.

Good luck

I would suggest just having a good play with the editor first to familiarise yourself with lots of its features.

After that, you can start creating a real map. I don't know enough about the war to comment on how big it should be, but really the map will need to focus on the areas to be fought over. That means that US, British etc bases will probably have to be part of South Korea.

Yes, you can import a map - in the extras folder there should be a map generator exe. This is a really useful tool but the map it creates will have to be cleaned up afterwards, and is only really useful for coastal outlines anyway.

If you have a good map to use as your guide, an idea of scale and a ruler to hand, it is fairly easy to just draw the map straight into the editor. It'll take a few hours either way!

I'd like to see this! smile.gif

Bill101..I appreciate your response...since you did the A3R mod(thumbs up btw) would you have any advice where to find the OOB for the forces involved?.....and if any one else is interested in this (AZ) some help with trying to figure out the scale and also the general makeup of the mod would be very welcome..that said i will try to mess with the editor tonite and hopefully wont make anything bad happen....

Any and all suggestions would be welcome!

Originally posted by Gdtrfb:

Bill101..I appreciate your response...since you did the A3R mod(thumbs up btw) would you have any advice where to find the OOB for the forces involved?.....and if any one else is interested in this (AZ) some help with trying to figure out the scale and also the general makeup of the mod would be very welcome..that said i will try to mess with the editor tonite and hopefully wont make anything bad happen....

Any and all suggestions would be welcome!

Actually it was a different Bill, Bill Macon who deserves all the credit for the A3R mod.

I can only suggest spending a little time browsing the web for OOBs - Wikipedia might have something?

As long as you start a new file in the editor, nothing can go wrong! I found that most things came very easily, and you can always post any specific questions here.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Gdtrfb, I believe there is some reference information in the game's pdf instruction manual starting on page 94 about how to use the editor.

This is in the SC2 game file and would be a good place to start, orient yourself. There have been many additions since then and I'm sure the mod gang here will help you work them out.

By the way, Norm Koger's first edition TOAW had an excellent Korean war scenario if you have access to that game. Again, an excellent place to start.

Good luck

greetings, just want to say that, at least for operational art of war III (matrix edition) the maps can be exported from the game, imported on a graphics editor and then you can save them as any graphic file format, i do it twice with some maps on europe for another game just if i had the time to work on a divisional world war 2 scenario, anyway i think i will move on other projects, as the excellent third reich mod and others give the right scale of play for world war 2, anyway, i will see if i can contribute a korea map and then make post in this thread, maybe it is not difficult but i should test it before make promises (unoficial) that can be or not maked,

with kind regards,

alarick.

Originally posted by Gdtrfb:

Alarick that would be very kind of you...i thank you for wanting to help out a rookie modder

if you have any suggestions they would be most welcome.

greetings, well, i upload a Korea map but my page do not allow image files with more size than 750kb, so it is compressed, .rar format, named "korea 2005" is very detailed, USA bases are missing, and some zones, mainland china and mainland japan are "shadowed", may or may not be of help but personally i did think that will make as a base file well, have much detail, hope it is of help, just browse to files section and download the file named "korea 2005", with winrar you can unrar it, if it is a problem i will upload as zip file, let me know if it is a issue (i did think all we have winrar and winzip by nowadays), link is at... http://hosted.filefront.com/Alarick/

hope it be of help on the making or trying to make a korea war scenario,

with best regards,

alarick.