Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Roads in the editor question

Gents,

I'm just beginning to play with the editor and I've stumbled on something I don't understand. The roads do not seem to be able to be drawn on the diagonal. I see the various (12) selectable road templated.

To draw a road to the North-East I see two types of partial diagonal roads. The button has a difference, but the in-game renderings look identical: what's different?

Both of these partial diagonals require another partial to fill in the other map tile. I don't see them. (The existing partials are triangular in shape: another triangle, opposite to these, would fill in the void nicely.)

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by British Tommy:

George MC,

How you getting on with the editor? Are you getting the hang of it?

I've only just started working with it and found it a bit strange the way the briefings are put together.... but I also had the same thoughts with CMx1 briefings when the game first came out! smile.gif

Hi Mate! smile.gif

Yup I must admit I really enjoy working with the editor - it's far more involved than in CMX1 but it does allow you to produce more realistic looking terrain.

The briefings thing is odd, but guess like the CMX1 once oyu get the hnag it's nae bother. I just save the txt file, insert my text then delete the headings, and insert the txt file into the scenario. I like the inclusion of maps (although we did lobby for larger maps, graphics overlays etc just it all came down to the issue of coding and time etc). I guess it does make it more challenging to pruduce scenarios but I think in time people will get the hang of it (many already appear to have done so given the quality of scenarios being uploaded to CMMODS). It might be that the involved nature of the editor might keep it in the realm of those with a scenario design bent but we'll see.

Cheers fur noo

George

I think you hit the nail on the head about designers for this game. The editor will put a lot of people off so there will be less scenarios to download. But the designers who stick with it and learn how to use the editor will be rewarded.

I must hold my hand up and say I don't like the time period (WW2 fanboy!) but on the other hand I enjoy making scenarios so I will concentrate on the editor and just play test them to find the errors.