Screen shots, why can't I capture them?

I assume you guys are using the print screen button, ATL + TAB'ing out to Desktop and pasting the captured frame to a program such as paint?

This is the process I have always used to capture shots in other games, but for some reason there is no paste option, as though I hadn't captured the frame to paste when I enter Paint....

any ideas?

Thanks guys, I want to include screen shots of my scenarios when I post / create them

Gus

If you get FRAPs, you can turn that on and use that programs key to take screen shots (assigns one the the F# keys). It saves them all in a folder for you, so you dont have to alt tab after every screen shot.

I dont really know why print screen is not working for you, works for me, its just a pain to keep alt tabing.

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

Maybe he's got Vista. I have it and Prt Scr doesn't work for me either.

Hey Gdog, download the FRAPS ;) I was really frustrated that I couldn't get screenshots too. Downloaded FRAPS and now it works a treat and doesn't affect the program at all. And you can see your framerate too if you want to.

Thanks, Im all over Fraps.....it was frustrating cause that method works with every other game

Obviously I cannot see the trees in the forest, I have tabbed the manual after several read throughs. Please point me to page number. ;)

I have an edited pic, now I need to put it in CM:SF...

I am in scenario editor and need to import pic, I cannot find it? Do I need to dump pic into a certain file in game program? This is the step I am having trouble with...

[ September 01, 2007, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: GonzoAttacker ]

It should be put somewhere inside the Game Files folder or any folder inside the Game Files folder of your CMSF main directory.

To keep everything tidy, I simply created an "editor" folder inside of the Game Files folder and put all the briefing pictures and texts in there. You can access the folder through the scenario editor.

Oh, and have you checked if the file is in BMP format?

It should be put somewhere inside the Game Files folder or any folder inside the Game Files folder of your CMSF main directory.

To keep everything tidy, I simply created an "editor" folder inside of the Game Files folder and put all the briefing pictures and texts in there. You can access the folder through the scenario editor.

Oh, and have you checked if the file is in BMP format?

:DTHANK YOU I got it now!