AAR - Armour Attacks! (WIP)

Excellent stuff. I'm really enjoying this Mark smile.gif

It's also pretty useful to see how you are fighting this. I'm impressed with how mutually supportive all your units are. I mist admit I do tend to sometimes err hash on and pay less attention. I'm learning though as in CMSF perhaps more so than in CMBB you get hammered if you don't use good tactics.

Cheers fur noo

George

Originally posted by George Mc:

It's also pretty useful to see how you are fighting this. I'm impressed with how mutually supportive all your units are. I mist admit I do tend to sometimes err hash on and pay less attention. I'm learning though as in CMSF perhaps more so than in CMBB you get hammered if you don't use good tactics.

Cheers fur noo

George

Just like your forebears at Culloden? :(

He! He! The Highland charge - effective in it's day - not so effective charging artillery firing cannister and round shot...

As an aside Culloden is just up the road from me. They've been doing a lot of work on the battlefield site. If you are ever in this part of the world it's worth a visit. It's got an atmosphere that's very unique and powerful.

Cheers fur noo

George

Well maybe when we get across to the far town (sorry forgotten its name).

But in general terms I’m not a grunt (last time I did Infantry work was the wrong side of twenty years ago, even our section and platoon structures have changed since then, let alone trying to impose that dated knowledge on a US Squad) so it may not live up to your expectations.

Anyway that‘s still a long way off. smile.gif

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Brian,

Without this becoming some sort of back slapping “love in” what did you like about it?

Trying to see if what I’m trying to create is what people also want (without it becoming a “please everyone” type thing). smile.gif

A few general things about the series that I think are really compelling have been the real-life orders/terminology approach (references to jockeying included)- the real armour officer effects.

About this specific edition, the mix between the soldier-level focus (finding the bodies of the ATGM crew - chilling - the infantry realisng they are the targets of the last ATGM launch, the knife fight between the M2 and the BMP and the suspense after the first shot has only disabled the engine and there's a real chance the BMP might get it's gun into action) and the broader strategy aspects (seeing the stages of the assault).

Keep it up mate!

smith

• 3 weeks later...