AAR - Armour Attacks! (WIP)

Thought I should set this up as a discrete topic, rather than it buried in the other one “more AARs in the strategy forum!“ (sorry if you have already seen this there).

I have started the AAR process on George's great scenario.

armour_attacks.jpg

First three entries at:

Armour Attacks!

Hopefully there will be regular updates (as time and the beta test schedule permits).

[ March 06, 2008, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

Chapter 5 at the newsstand now!

Armour Attacks!

gibsonM,

I love your comic-format AARs. Just finished chapter 5 and it was a gripping read!

Could you please tell me how you make the comics. What software do you use? What is the font you use for the text? I hope you don't mind me asking. </font>

Originally posted by George Mc:

BRILLIANT!!

George,

Thanks, but to paraphrase Newton‘s “If I see further, it is because I stand on the shoulders of giants," it wouldn’t be possible without your scenario (and CM:SF for that matter) to provide the foundation on which to stand.

Well not wanting to appear "needy" (but of course that is probably what this post indicates), Its coming up on 48hrs since I posted this and no comments / feedback.

I've posted and alternative format "Armour Attacks! Ch6 Alt" which instead of the concurrent layout of "Armour Attacks! Ch6" has a sequential layout:

pp 1- 3 common overall picture

pp 4 - 14 the version that didn't go forward

pp 15 - 25 the version that was saved and therefore is the start point for Ch 7

p 26 same summary comparing the two.

If for some reason the gloss has worn off this idea, I'll stop wasting my time and get on with something more productive.

Mark,

I just had a look at the latest edition. I have to say I found it hard to read because of the "reality / alternate reality" split. Not your fault because the game crashed but all the same, it was a little confusing. Still very well presented though. If it was me I'd probably just bin one of the story arcs and go with the other one exclusively, even if this is not exactly truthful from an AAR point of view.

Well then as I said above try reading "Armour Attacks! Ch6 Alt", which again to quote from the post above yours:

I've posted and alternative format "Armour Attacks! Ch6 Alt" which instead of the concurrent layout of "Armour Attacks! Ch6" has a sequential layout:

pp 4 - 14 the version that didn't go forward

p 26 same summary comparing the two.

So to make it as simple as possible, both provide the same information, but:

"Armour Attacks! Ch6" = concurrent

"Armour Attacks! Ch6 Alt" = sequential

And if you want to avoid the timeline that didn't go forward just read:

"Armour Attacks! Ch6 Alt"

P.S.: If you think reading it was hard spare a thought for the guy writing it trying to keep all the pictures in the right place. smile.gif

Hey Mark, I finally got a chance to read some more of your brillant AARs.

I was trying to download everything to read later but then I would need to download each page as a separate jpeg.

It makes no difference in the end. Now I'm uptodate and looking forward to more!

Thanks for sharing!

-

Mark,

I will check out the "alt" version as you suggest as maybe I was being a bit harsh in my comments. Keep up the good work!

P.S. - I downloaded the 30 day free trial of Comic Life and me and my son put together a few pages based on the "Rock Around The Block" scenario. It isn't fit for public viewing (my 9 year old effectively wrote it with my help) but it was fun to do. It makes me realise how much work you've put in. smile.gif

gibsonm,

Was going to ask you why you used the "armour" spelling, but in checking your profile I not only swiftly answered that but discovered you have a remarkable hobby I'd never before encountered--"Wargamming!" Is this combat with legs

(best looking) or using them, perhaps as cudgels?

Please explain which variety works better in your experience, as well as the tradeoffs in length, mass, and fleshiness vs. boniness. Seems the fleshy leg could deliver a heavier blow, albeit more slowly, but the boney leg could get in there more quickly and concentrate more force in a smaller area. Dare I ask about your, er, equipment supplier?

Regards,

John Kettler

Well as for the first, that is the spelling the Author used (and I happen to come from a part of the world where that is considered “correct” - Of course you could have deduced that from my signature block).

As for the second, its obviously a typo, which I’ve now fixed.