Utilizing Sniper Squad

JohnO

I set up a new scenario, this time with a long range component (700-900 meters).

At those distances, the marksmen WILL pick off targets and the M4s won't shoot. That happens as long as you don't hide your troops. Not giving orders or any target order will create this behavior.

That's good. But the veteran US marksmen suck. One hit out of over 50 bullets shot from 5 snipers. And the syrians had absolutely nowhere to hide, most of them hitting the dirt and staying stationary.

Also the US troops were at the top of 8-story buildings on a 100m hilltop. The range as told by the targeting line was around 750 meters for most of the shooting.

One thing that I still wonder is how to make only the marksmen shoot at a range below that of the max effective range of the M4.

That's a coincidence!! I was about to state that I had been playing mission 2 of Ghost, and got the snipers only firing at 560m. Had pretty good success as well, killed a couple of men, and caused a lot of suppression which is the idea I suppose.

Might do a test at some point to see at which range the M4's open up as well.

Regards, Darren

• 2 weeks later...

for me it works fine, the campaign, patch 107, airfield mission 2, i just clear the runway gate beware there might be IEDs placed on the runway between the gate, assault the tower, and poef place the sniper team together with air support team and fire support team on the 8th floor and bang bang sniper shoots allot of allibabas down hehe..