Scenario with IDE and ATI left click ON

The "ATI Left Click" setting uses an alternate method of tracking the mouse in 3D. Some users have had problems with it set on, while others notice an improvement in selecting units (as was intended). I don't know if certain ATI videocards or certain Catalyst driver versions do better or worse with this setting on or off. With it off most ATI users will have a problem selecting units. With it on, it helps for most players, but for some others it can cause problems like you're seeing.

You may want to experiment with a newer or possibly older Catalyst driver. When you do this you'll need to first download the driver you would like to install and then fully uninstall your current driver (Control Center and Driver).

Do you know which Catalyst driver version you have installed currently ? Which ATI videocard (even if it isn't made by ATI) do you have, for example, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or and X1300, etc. ?

berto, in my case i had that problem in a scenario i had mines placed already and not selectable after the setupphase.

it worked for me to make ATI left klick off, load the scenario, do setup and hit go. after the first round i saved and turned ATI left klick back on. no CTDs since you cant see the mines.

maybe that works for you too. i dont know if it can work with IED in player side as oyu can select em the whole battle.

i have the same problem - and i updated my catalyst driver today but the game is still crashing.

at least the new catalyst driver improved the performance of the game when left click option is disabled. but it is not possible to make precise mouse-clicks without ati left click option turned on.

my gpu: gecube 3850

• 2 weeks later...
my gpu: gecube 3850
i got a 3870, and it doesnt have anything to do with drivers, or should not.

i didnt changed my drivers for some time and "suddenly" the game crashes at a point where it did not befor a patch.

that tells me its a problem with the game.