163.69 nVidia drivers released!

New nVidia 163.69 Drivers released for some systems today and the rest soon. Check them out and see if they help at all. The fix list states that a lot of problems with games have been cleared up, so hopefully that includes us!

*Supports GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs

*Improved compatibility and performance for NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.

*Improved compatibility for The Way It’s Meant To Be Played™ game titles: BioShock, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, and World in Conflict.

*Added HD video post-processing for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 HD content on the GeForce 8500 and 8600 series GPUs.

*Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

If you are having problems with CM, please install the latest drivers and report here if they fix, or don't fix, framerate problems with nVidia cards. Especially 8800 types.

Steve

Hi!

Sorry to say it but it does not fix the issues with my 8800GTX at least... FPS at startup of Allahs Fist seems to have gone from 9 to a weak 10 so it's maybe worth the download? ;)

Game settings:

Resolution - 1280x1024

Models - balanced

Textures - better

Vertical sync - off

AA - nope

My rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (@3.0Ghz - 1200Mhz FSB)

Asus Striker Extreme NForce680i SLI MB

Asus GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb

2 x 1Gb Corsair PC6400 XMS2 XTREME CAS4 @900Mhz 4-4-4-15 2,1 Volt

1 x RAPTOR 150GB + 2 x Raptor 74Gb (raid 0) + Hitatchi T7K500 320GB

Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional

Dual boot - Windows XP SP2+ and Vista64 Ultimate

Bummer. Well, since these problems have been hit or miss so far, the solutions have been as well. Hopefully someone will benefit from the new drivers.

Note that v1.04 has some different drawing routines in it that should increase framerates for everybody. Early testing on systems previously dog slow with v1.03 have show major increases relative to the previous version. Still slower than they should be, but not as bad as before. More on that later!

Steve

Originally posted by Mishga:

Getting them now...lets see if it does any good.

I am real lucky....7600GS and it runs great anyway. 30fps most of the time apart from maps with globs of tall grass or type D trees.

Mishga,

I have a 7600GT which must be very similar to your GS. I have low FPS on Allah's Fist on anything higher than Balanced/Improved. I also have stripey artifacts on vehicles where the shadowing is going wrong. Do you have the same problems with Allah's Fist and Self Shadowing?

I'd be really interested to know if anyone with a 7600 card has no self shadowing artifacts.

I just tried the new driver and can't see any real difference. Sorry.

So let me get this straight...Based on what you said in an earlier post, Steve...."Big Name" software developers get all the attention for fixing issues with their blockbuster titles aimed at twitchers while smaller development houses like Battlefront pretty much get the stiff middle finger?

That's just great....helluva way to provide customer support for their products....

Methinks it might be time for some new video card companies cuz these two currently reside under the "Suck" category as far as I am concerned.