Nvidia Geforce 8800

Ok, today i replaced the 8800gtx with an old Ati-Card and i get over 50fps on max details. Then i used my 8800gtx again (after installing the newest nvidia drivers ;) ) and once again only 5-10fps. So it seems that there are heavy problems with high end cards...

Same with 8800gts card and Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2 Gig DDR2, XP pro sp2. I had to disable AA to make it playable. And this on a system that runs stalker and supreme commander fluid with everything on. Really looking forward to solving this as it detracts from the game. I cant play large battles, which is ironic given that my rig should easily handle it...

Originally posted by Law&Order:

Same with 8800gts card and Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2 Gig DDR2, XP pro sp2. I had to disable AA to make it playable. And this on a system that runs stalker and supreme commander fluid with everything on. Really looking forward to solving this as it detracts from the game. I cant play large battles, which is ironic given that my rig should easily handle it...

We both have virtually identical machines apart from you have XP an I have Vista and you have the GTS version of the Graphics card, all our systems should run it without breaking into a sweat, I can at last run Supreme Commander very well with all maxed out too, Stalker is or was not so good, but I'll have to reinstall to see how that fairs with the latest drivers, but I was really looking forward to this game and then when I tried it, it first locked on me and then it played but with terrible frame rates, I, like everyone else hopes this will get sorted as quickly as possible.

I've been a huge fan of the CM series of games and still remain so, but it is ridiculous that this game does'nt perform well on high spec machines considering other more intense games play perfectly.

Jekyll

AMD 64 FX2 2.8GHz

GeForce 8800GTS

2Gb 400MHz RAM

Win XP 64 Bit

Have to run on 'normal' settings, and I still get hang-ups.

Doesn't look that great either.

Had to disable AA and AF by selecting "Application Controlled" from Nvidia control panel.

Disappointed, although the game, when it plays, seems like a corker.

Have also installed AMD Dual Core Optimiser.

R

yep.

it's the same **** as we have in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Patches are announced but will come months later.

I bought the game on release day and I'm not willing to play it with THIS performance!

And it IS ridiculous that they haven't tested the game on the nvidia 8 series, I think these cards are one of the best selling these days.

so I have to remove it an put an old ATI crap in my system? No no no!!!

Originally posted by Tempergus:

yep.

it's the same **** as we have in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Patches are announced but will come months later.

I bought the game on release day and I'm not willing to play it with THIS performance!

And it IS ridiculous that they haven't tested the game on the nvidia 8 series, I think these cards are one of the best selling these days.

so I have to remove it an put an old ATI crap in my system? No no no!!!

You won't have to wait months for a patch though. They said the 1.03 patch have a 'fairly short turn around', which seemed to imply about 2 weeks after the 1.02 patch.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002502;p=1#000010

I have just posted the following message to Steve from Battlefront in the "Discussion Forum" in response to a thread called "Any Information on the patch" (see the quote from Steve at the bottom of this post. I am concerned that Steve's summary outlining the fixes in proposed patch 1.03 do not seem to mention dealing with the nVidia 8800 issues.

Does anyone have a direct statement from Battlefront (not just guesses) the nVidia issue is definitely being addressed in the next patch? I need some reassurance that we are not going to have to wait for patch 1.04 - please!

Steve

Thanks for the feedback on patch 1.03. You have said that patch 1.03 is going to be " ...the end of all major outstanding issues ...", however, missing from your summary of the 1.03 fixes (copy quoted below) was any references to a fix for the nVidia 8800 issues. This is a MAJOR issue for a significant number of purchasers including me. Could you please give me some comfort that 1.03 is going to address the nVidia 8800 card issues?

quote:

At present we're still testing PBEM but early results look promising that all the problems have been fixed. Several LOS issues have been cleared up, a remaining ATGM bug was finally nailed down (having to do with elevation differences), a bunch of smaller things fixed, a few new things added, and we're still going. v1.03 should be the end of all major outstanding issues. That is still looking quite good since we've only been working on v1.03 for week.

Steve

________

Just to answer the main theme here, YES we are looking into the 8800 issue although technically the core problem actually resides in the nVidia drivers and affects more than just that one 88xx series of cards.

Just like we worked around the bug with the ATI drivers we hope to do the same for nVidia.

These nVidia fixes are planned to be in the forthcoming v1.03 patch.

Madmatt