Quite angry bout this game

Hello. To be honest i dont like people saying just negative things about a brand new game but unfortunately this game almost only got negative things.

The performance is often extremly bad. Even people with high end machines got lot of lag.

The AI is not the best on market. You tell em to avoid the road - and, what do they do - they drive as far as they can on road to do the last meters on desert - then they wonder they get shot!!!

The view of the units is incomprehensibly. A humvee spotted 10 opposing units and the AIV near by can just see two units...

One of the biggest probs for me, i say me cos im not sure if someone else got the same problem, is that i cant make a square around my units to select em all at once - if i try the game freezes for ca. 3-4 seconds.

The tank coms are the baddest ive ever seen. They see an enemy in front and...what do they do - nothin...

Theres a lot more to say but i think its enough. Hope 4-5 patches will fix all this problems in near future!!!

Hello. To be honest i dont like people saying just negative things about a brand new game but unfortunately this game almost only got negative things.

------->I had this as a first impression, still I think that there are too many problems for a brand new game, yet I've had quite some fun and I'm appreciating more and more the game.

The performance is often extremly bad. Even people with high end machines got lot of lag.

-----Did you try those improvements suggested over and over on the forums? I've had some really better stability and fluid graphics ordering the use of a single CPU unit to my dual core CPU.

The AI is not the best on market. You tell em to avoid the road - and, what do they do - they drive as far as they can on road to do the last meters on desert - then they wonder they get shot!!!

---->you might have had some problems with pathfinding, I've had a lot of thoughts about AI and I'm a great critic of it.

The view of the units is incomprehensibly. A humvee spotted 10 opposing units and the AIV near by can just see two units...

----> well, this depends upon single situation, maybe you got a bug maybe this might represent different spotting abilities for different units.

One of the biggest probs for me, i say me cos im not sure if someone else got the same problem, is that i cant make a square around my units to select em all at once - if i try the game freezes for ca. 3-4 seconds.

-----> maybe it's a bug, maybe using some tweaks and trycks described on the forums you'll resolve these freezes (I had them too).

The tank coms are the baddest ive ever seen. They see an enemy in front and...what do they do - nothin...

-----> well, this also depends on single situations, I cannot say anything about this comment of yours unless you give us proper information fo what/where/when/who/how etc.

Theres a lot more to say but i think its enough. Hope 4-5 patches will fix all this problems in near future!!!

----> I hope this too, seems next very close patch will give us some more optimization and correct some major bugs. For better gameplay and in-deep improvements I think we'll need to wait some more weeks, maybe some months.

I also am quite disappointed so far as well especially after TOW and now running into yet another bug plagued game release. I don't think making it real time was the problem, LOTS of other rts makers don't seem to have a problem doing both quite well. I think it is the need to have spent more time on the game period and using a much better and far more updated game engine, that is the problem and getting the bugs fixed before release not the release it now and fix it later attitude they seem to have adobted. It seems we are the beta testers so I can't see how they claim to have done such stringent testing with the game release having so many flaws unless the testers were blind with problems that stick out big time such as inadequate path finding for any unit or that tanks etc will not fire he at infantry etc.Also the screenshots showed mortar infantry in the game that somehow yet again as in tow got excluded from the release version. The mission editor is so short on any map building items that extremely limits what kind of maps you can make and your imagination to make them, I mean it is there but I have to say it is one of the worst mission/map editors I have seen to date. The game engine also cannot handle very many units especially with large maps which is another shortcoming of the game and if you place more then a few units for each side you can expect a lag fest and also for your infantry to look like stick figures. It's actually kind of amusing reminds me of sega genesis gaming way way back.

Even with all that the game is fun I can't say it's not but the deployment of the game is unfortunately horrible atm. Hopefully somewhere in the next 6 months and 8 patches they will resolve the major issues.

[ August 10, 2007, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

The basic idea of a sim of modern warfare is quite good - the stryker brigade isnt the most interestin thing for me(im an old school tanker) cos stryker seems to me like extreme light tanks with the mission of avoidin troubles cos if they are in trouble, like against an enemy tank, they havnt got a real chance. What i wanna say is that stryker units are for me just defencive forces.

As long as all this probs havnt been fixed im gonna play steelbeasts pro pe - thats realism!!!

Originally posted by KiloAlpha4:

I think it is the need to have spent more time on the game period and using a much better and far more updated game engine, that is the problem and getting the bugs fixed before release not the release it now and fix it later attitude they seem to have adobted. It seems we are the beta testers so I can't see how they claim to have done such stringent testing with the game release having so many flaws unless the testers were blind with problems that stick out big time such as inadequate path finding for any unit or that tanks etc will not fire he at infantry etc.Also the screenshots showed mortar infantry in the game that somehow yet again as in tow got excluded from the release version.

I have to admit I've not played the game yet but from what I've read in various posts I agree 100%, and I've commented on this very thing, but it seems many people are unwilling to accept the fact that this is the case - :confused: - you aren't the only one. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chad44:

2 battlefront games with crap FPS TOW and this game ..

Get your facts straight. I have a 2&1/2 year old laptop and get good FPS on both games. Obviously certain processors are causing problems but that's not necessarily BFC's fault. All of us here know that BFC is a small operation and can't possibly test every hardware configuration out there like the big boys can. And, btw, the big boys have just as many bugs as BFC releases, usually more. Ubisoft's Silent Hunter IV is proof of that.

Yeah, my laptop is 3 years old and runs it well enough to play. I have also come to the conclusion, after a lot of complaining and playing, that many of "bugs" are design decisions. Just look at the MG deployment threads. In the end, I'm pretty happy with the game. I am disappointed in some of the things that BFC left out that were considered standard items that made CM great.