List of observed PBEM bugs w/1.02 update

My opponent started PBEM of the Housecleaning scenario, I was US. Opening file #3 with the setup and first turn orders, all the Syrian units are visible and clickable, showing all unit info. After 15 seconds or so, or clicking on a few of them, they go back to the 4 or so ? markers that appear to be the original intelligence. This happens every time the file is opened. I have screenshots and the file available.

Scot

The above was never responded to, so as I've played 2 PBEM games with a combined total of approx 12 turns, here's what else I've seen so far:

1. Showing all enemy units for a few seconds (clickable with full info) in setup phase, then they go back to normal prebattle ? markers.

2. 2nd round of "new password" requests after the first round. Perhaps the first round of 1.2Mb combined file transfer wasn't enough for the passwords, it needed 2 more transfers of 2+ Mb each.

3. Strykers driving around with rear hatch down

4. Infantry won't dismount, possibly due to being on a slope, or parent vehicle being half inside a buiding. Seen from both sides.

5. Covered arcs not resulting in any turret movement or apparent impact at all

6. Many many examples of horrible pathfinding. One example only: two BMPs caught on a road behind a jeep, all supposed to be moving fast so the jeep gets out of the way. Instead, jeep moves at slow and tracks do as well. Next turn, cancel and replace fast move orders. Jeep speeds off, no problem. Both tracks see they are blocked by the jeep in the first 0.01 seconds, so turn off the road in huge cloverleafs to avoid the huge hazard (amazingly, one to each side. There may be hope!)

7. Pop smoke orders cancel fire commands

8. Jisrash Shughur scenario, vehicles slow to a crawl on road curves, especially where sloped, and are in danger of making new & bad pathfinding decisions. Possible map builder errors where it is not thinking the road sections are connected?

[ August 11, 2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: mPisi ]

In response to above, the second screenshot shows the correct scouting intelligence. The top shot is seeing everything and is not right.

Little bump and adding more. Abandoned house cleaning game and started new QB with that opponent, just for laughs. Continuing with Jisrash Shughur to test as many alternatives, and generally to see how much more screwed up it can get.

9. BMP stuck half inside building, won't move or dismount infantry. Ordered crew to dismount, no motion. Next turn, cancel dismount, give area fire order. 1 crewmember dismounts and commences pistol fire on the target. :rolleyes:

Next turn, crewmember won't get back into vehicle.

10. (Reported elsewhere, just for completeness) Dust clouds visible outside LOS. Enemy voices audible outside of LOS and across the map.

11. (ditto) QB setup zones swapped for both sides, and battle generator FUBAR with regards to scale of map and forces.

12. Units hidden since the setup won't Un-Hide. Deactivate the hide button and give target orders at good targets, got nothing. All soliders still showing hiding status. Not sure if the setup has something to do with it, there was a report on the tactics board of being unable to go into hide.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing PBEM in 1.02 as the Hajji (Syrian). Initially, I had all me guys hide. At first they seemed to come out of hiding (something that did not happen in 1.01) so I could give them orders; but now they neither move nor fire, even when the Americans walk right in front of their guns. I know some of my men are "rattled" or "nervous", but others are "OK" and still won't fire. I don't get this behavior when playing in single player mode. There must be a bug.