Help w/ Optimizing Game Performance

I read somewhere about BFC suggesting tweaking with the graphics card's settings to optimize performance, but I couldn't find it again. So, I thought I'd start a new thread.

Right now, I get as low as 5 fps for the first part of the training campaign when selecting 'best' for the 3D Model quality with 1920 x 1200 resolution, vertical sync on and AA/multisample off.

My system specs are:

Widows XP Service Pack 2

Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.66 GHz

2.75 GB RAM

Dual NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB w/ latest drivers (version 6.14.10.9794)

I've tried playing around with the affinity, and although it helped increase my fps a little, I would expect this game to run substantially faster on my system. What I was hoping for is any recommendations on the various settings that I can tweak from inside the NVIDA control panel, such as:

- anistropic filtering

- antialiasing: gamma correction

- antialiasing: mode

- antialiasing: setting

- antialiasing: transparency

- conformant texture clamp

- extension limit

- force mipmaps

- multi-display/mized-GPU acceleration

- SLI performance mode

- texture filtering: anistropic sample optimization

- texture filtering: negative LOD bias

- texture filtering: quality

- texture filtering: trilinear optimization

- threaded optimization

- triple buffering

- vertical sync

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mike

That's an awesome machine, definately something buggy going on. You shouldn't have to turn AA/AF off to get decent performance. I had similarly retarded performance on my core2duo/nvidia 7950, and I had to roll my drivers way back to get decent performance. I also set shock force to use only a single core, which helped a bit. I don't know if anybody has found a solution for the 8800, but i've seen a lot of people having poor performance with it.

Thanks, molotov_billy. I would think I have enough horsepower to run the game with all settings to best, but I'm guessing something(s) isn't set correctly.

I can get good performance (30 fps) when I turn down the 3D model quality to balanced or less and/or if there's not much going on in the camera view, but setting it at best/better just drops my fps to ~10 fps or less depending on the scene.

Mike

For the multi-core, check a thread from Steve, he put some links for Microsoft Hotfixes.

Here my conf :

A64 3000+

1 Go ram

X850XT 256 Mo

Game run fine with all graph options maxed out and fsaa x2 (well, fine for me is not 60 FPS. I think I get nearly 15-20 FPS, didn't check).

I only put Shadow off (key ALT + W).

Hi,

I have a very similar system, core2 Duo 6700, 8800 GTX, 2 GB ram (and vista 32)

I can max everything, Vsync, AA ... no performance problems.

The only performance hit is model detail. When I choose balanced, or one better everything is ok (good fps). If a max it - slideshow!!!

In the nvida controllpannel i set thread optimation to no (no dual core use).

Gottel