Dr.Jones Extraction Tool Now Available!

Originally posted by rofl:

Many thanks for your great work Dr. Jones!

Is that an new version for the patched game or the still the first one?

Hi,

this version is also for patched TOW, and slightly modified version, includes logging, progress bar, bug fixes.

br.

Dr.Jones

First of all I would like to say thank you to Dr. Jones for the free use of his extractor. I got brave enough a while back and E-mailed him with a request for the tool and he sent me a copy, thanks again mate.

However, I'm having some problems emplementing the software. I will use the wording in the readme.

"Download the SFSExtractor.rar, extract the whole content into MissionEditor directory where Theatre of War is installed (password is 1234). If there was not yet created the Config.xml file, the content of the extractor is empty."

No issues extracting to the correct file but I'm lost on the Config.xml file. Do I need some type of XML software to create this folder if in fact it is a folder or do I edit something in the extraction itself?

"In this xml file is stored the MissionEditor location as sfsPath, and where to extract the data as ExtractDir."

Obviously my file path is not \Users\Ales but I'm confused gents. I could prod and poke around for months on this seeing as I'm not savey in this particular aspect of computers.

I'm lost man and not afraid to admit it. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Salute, ShiftZ.

ShiftZ

When you run it for the first time you have to set the MissionEditor directory in your main TOW directory and then a download directory which can be anywhere. I wouldn't make it in my TOW directory though. That way the program knows where to find the SFS files and where to extract them to.

After setting the directories exit the extractor and restart it.

Hope this helps

Oudy

Originally posted by ShiftZ:

First of all I would like to say thank you to Dr. Jones for the free use of his extractor. I got brave enough a while back and E-mailed him with a request for the tool and he sent me a copy, thanks again mate.

However, I'm having some problems emplementing the software. I will use the wording in the readme.

"Download the SFSExtractor.rar, extract the whole content into MissionEditor directory where Theatre of War is installed (password is 1234). If there was not yet created the Config.xml file, the content of the extractor is empty."

No issues extracting to the correct file but I'm lost on the Config.xml file. Do I need some type of XML software to create this folder if in fact it is a folder or do I edit something in the extraction itself?

"In this xml file is stored the MissionEditor location as sfsPath, and where to extract the data as ExtractDir."

Obviously my file path is not \Users\Ales but I'm confused gents. I could prod and poke around for months on this seeing as I'm not savey in this particular aspect of computers.

I'm lost man and not afraid to admit it. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Salute, ShiftZ.

Hi,

ShiftZ, about the Config.xml, this file is automaticaly created when the extractor is closed (always), and loaded at the startup. I know that the document is a little confusing, it was done rather hastly, sorry about that.

br.

Dr.Jones

Thanks for your help guys but I'm still having issues. My file path is correct

"C:\Program Files\Theatre of War\MissionEditor"

"C:\Program Files\whatever file I make"

But I'm getting this error message everytime.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Unable to load DLL '..\rts.dll': The specified module could not be

found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)."

I'm wondering if there is something I need to enable on my computer??

Completley flippin lost LOL.......

I'm in the same boat ShiftZ, any help greatly appreciated........

Here are the details:-

ee the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '..\rts.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at Editor.SFS.SFS.(2(String (()

at Editor.SFS.SFS.UnMount(String path)

at ((.(1.()(String ((, String (), String (0)

at SFSExtractor.ExtractManager.UnMount()

at SFSExtractor.ExtractManager.DeInit()

at SFSExtractor.Form1.(1(Object ((, FormClosedEventArgs ())

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

SFSExtractor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Battlefront/Theatre%20of%20War/Extraction%20tool/ToWExtractor02fix/SFSExtractor.exe

System

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

BTW, it's sensible to extract to a folder other than the game folder itself so it's easier to roll-back if things go wrong. What I do is use the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Just put the modified files in their own folder and it's easy then to have multiple versions of the game which can be switched on and off just like that. I've also written a utility which handles the adding lines to filesid.ini and so on automatically, which I'll release at the same time as my infantry project.

Have fun

Finn

Dr. Jones

Just wanted to pass along a little info. The new version of IMF Viewer (with 68k files size) gives me an error when executed from Mission Editor folder. I copied the older, smaller version back over to Mission Editor and it still works fine.

I don't know if it is some problem on my end, though.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Dr. Jones

Just wanted to pass along a little info. The new version of IMF Viewer (with 68k files size) gives me an error when executed from Mission Editor folder. I copied the older, smaller version back over to Mission Editor and it still works fine.

I don't know if it is some problem on my end, though.

Hi,

on my rig IMF viewer works fine, just don't forget to copy the other dll's into MissionEditor, especialy the SFSExtractor_nat.dll. So if the old version is working thats fine, because they are indentical version, just this public version is protected.

br.

Dr.Jones