Road to Moscow

Hi,

I'm playing Veteran and in this mission, after a while, 3x T34's arrive on my right flank. By this stage I still have most of my tanks but they seem, accuratly, unable to take out these 3 tanks. Even when all my troops swarm all over the railway station the mission won't finish, I'm guessing because these 3 tanks are still at my rear :confused:

So, do I need to kill ALL enemy on the map, if so how do I take out these uber (for '41) T34's.

OR am I missing a point on the ground I have to occupy, I'm all over the waypoint No on the map.

Cheers in advance ;)

Done that (I'm sure), I have 5 squads all around the railway station, I have them as far "forward" as I can before they get in LOF of the 3 T34's to my rear right, and the mission doesn't end. I'd better check there's no Soviets hiding near the edge of the area I guess.

Has anybody seen in this mission, that tank crew of PzIV were dropping like flies when assaulting the trench, and there were no other tanks left or AT gun. It was like crew member was disabled for clicking and was grey out first, then the crew member disapeared completely, but I noticed a hit in drivers or gunner view portal (but hits could only be made by hand held AT guns, no other major units arround, later I destroyed all the 4 T-34 mod 41), I lost a machine gunner and a commander that way. I was playing veteran level (always do).

br.

Dr.Jones

But has anybody seen that your crew members die phantomly, becasue of snipers, or other x weapons, or just some random death because the hatch or some else was hit. The trench had a few AT rifles and probably some snipers.

br.

Dr.Jones

Yes, I've had it happen occasionally - not often though as I try not to get too close to infantry as they're not too bad at immobilising vehicles with grenades. If you look at the tables in the ai folder you'll find modifiers for various types of units firing at other types. Haven't had a chance to have a close look yet, but at first glance crew members seem to be slightly more exposed than infantry so I guess if a sniper gets through a hole they're more likely to get hit.

Have fun

Finn

I cleared a village once (Villers bocage I think) and I was about setting up my force for the next assault. I drove 3 Tigers to a position and suddenly one Tiger stops. Couldnt give any orders it just stood there. Somewhat later the crew bails out panicked and died on the spot. And there wasnt any enemy in sight!

I ordered some infantry guys to get in the tank and was able to use it again.

Very strange.

Originally posted by G.Mooyman:

I cleared a village once (Villers bocage I think) and I was about setting up my force for the next assault. I drove 3 Tigers to a position and suddenly one Tiger stops. Couldnt give any orders it just stood there. Somewhat later the crew bails out panicked and died on the spot. And there wasnt any enemy in sight!

Very strange.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by G.Mooyman:

Very strange.

</font>

it seems vehicles have a negative morale effect themselfs(bad thing is they have it no matter what). i saw it 2 times for sure till now. once a KV1 and once a IS2. both where disabled. KV1 had functional tracks and gun but did nothing, stood 10m in front of my trench and routed the whole trench by standing there and doing nothing. after 3 minutes it got indeed abandomd. than i could get the paniced guys in the trance back into control.

IS had disabled tracks, and no disabled gun. but it was turned up the hill and couldnt do anything bad. yet it freaked out all the infantry around. the guys waiting in formation allways ran cluless around.

well, it hammered on my nerved that long that i ran there and threw 2-3 other throwing mines onto it...took 2 minutes, than it was marked gray.

but basicly both times a disabled vehicle, disabled by the man around, spread disorder and confusion by just standing there.

i dunno, a bit overdone id say.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Jones, I had the same thing happen to me the other night with a Pz2 and Pz4 on those trenches... when I looked closely though, I could see tiny penetration holes (approx 20mm) around the drivers viewing slit and bow gunner... since the 20mm ruski tanks had been taken out, I can only guess it to be AT rifle fire that gottem in the end. :(

I also had trouble with the 3x T34's, couldnt finish the mission with them still breathing... I ended up loosing a Pz4 and Pz3 in a point blank duel... my last remaining tank, a Pz4 took very carefyll position behind them, exposing only enough of its turret to get a shot away and disabled all 3 turrets. I then had my revenge by advancing right into the middle of the cheeky little buggers and roasted each of them with point blank heat rounds to the mid section... MO HO HO HO HA HA HAAAAAAA! :D Those tankers have now all been decorated twice, and are one mission away from elite.

You do have to be carefull with the Pz4's though... they seem to burst open liek a can o sardines quite easily, even the Pz 38(t) seems to have better frontal armour?