Patch Status Update (May 3rd, 2007)

Hello everyone!

I want to try and keep everyone updated on where things stand with regards to the patch and the DVD's.

The DVD's have arrived at the warehouse and are being packed and prepared to ship right this moment. We hope that at least some will begin to ship tomorrow but the warehouse said that it may be Monday that the bulk go out. We will send an email when you DVD is mailed though, so be looking for that.

Now then, when you get the DVD, you will notice a sticker on the case advising you to go to www.battlefront.com/tow-patch.html for a patch.

THIS IS A SPECIAL PATCH JUST FOR THE DVD VERSION! All this patch does is update the game to the same version as the download version thats been out since the 19th. The DVD's were mastered earlier last month but the download version was made a little later and ended up being slightly newer. As such, this DVD patch is needed to just bring up both versions to the same level.

Okay, so while on the topic of patches, what about the REAL patch. Yes, that is being worked on right this minute. No, I don't know how long it will take, but I can go over some of the issues we are working on and their current status, so here they are (this is not a complete list either and not all items may be fixed in this first patch).

Problems with AMD Multi-Core CPU's and AMD 64 chips:[problem confirmed and a fix is being tested]

SaveGame/LoadGame File Corruption/Crashes: [problem confirmed and fix is being tested]

Multiplayer Game Crashes during load: [problem confirmed and fix has already been inplemented and is undergoing testing]

Gun Crew Animation Bug (unit non responsive to commands): [issue reported by 1C as now fixed.]

Running game with Shadows enabled causes crashes: [1C currently reviewing the problem]

Adding a Logging Function so that when game crashes or fails to launch, it will report info on WHY and give you a way to send us the info for tracking/fixing.

In addition to those crash/bug type issues we are also working on the following gameplay changes and enhancements which may or may not be featured in the first patch.

* Better AI vehicle behavior when issued the Reverse Command

* Better Vehicle Pathfinding when given the Move command (less likely to run over tree's etc..)

* Add the ability to issue command waypoints (will not work for group selections, only individual units)

* Trees and Bushes will provide better cover and concealment. (Note, due to the nature of this change, it could dramatically change overall scenario balance!)

* LOS/LOF Tool (1c is currently looking at how best to incorporate some type of LOS/LOF tool)

* AI are now 'smarter' about autotargeting enemy turrets when target is hulldown.

* AT Guns are now harder to spot

* Difficulty level of Training Mission #4 decreased a little

* Added Hotkeys for Hold Fire and Hold Position

* More authentic British Voices (if we can get them recorded in time!)

* Various mission tweaks

So as you can see, there is a lot stuff we are working on, and even more thats not listed yet (I didnt have info on all the fixes being worked on).

As I said, I don't know how long the first patch will take but we want to get it out as soon as we can once all the major crash related issues are resolved.

As always, we appreciate your patience, we appreciate your comments and I will try and keep you guys as up to date on developments as I can.

Madmatt

[ May 03, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Thanks, but what about people with intel duo-core? I am getting 5-10 fps with these system specs:

Intel Duo 6400 @ 2.13g

2.0 gb of 2.13 ghz ram

Sounblaster x-gamer

dual Nvidia 7650

Windows XP

Will the rest of us intel people be helped as well?

Originally posted by Pak40:

Did you read the first post?

While I tend to agree, it has been 5 days since the first post. If your one of the folks that can't get their purchase to run or make playable that is an eternity. ;)

Originally posted by Wz.34:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pak40:

Did you read the first post?

While I tend to agree, it has been 5 days since the first post. If your one of the folks that can't get their purchase to run or make playable that is an eternity. ;) </font>

I read that you are going to do some mission tweaks. I was thinking on the russian campaign in particular. The later part off it from the kursk battle and forwards is unplayable for me because of the insane difficulty even on EASY setting. Thers also some other missions that could use some tweaking apart from the russian campaign ones.

The game engine is fine, but the scenarious, many of them, is all too much difficult, it simply isnt FUN to play the game anyomore for me. I have simply gotten tired of the game because of this. Kinda sad realy as i enjoyed it very much for a while. :(

Anyone agree, or is it me?? :confused:

[ May 09, 2007, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: chanss ]

Originally posted by chanss:

The game engine is fine, but the scenarious, many of them, is all too much difficult, it simply isnt FUN to play the game anyomore for me. I have simply gotten tired of the game because of this. Kinda sad realy as i enjoyed it very much for a while. :(

Anyone agree, or is it me?? :confused:

I do not agree, although I thought they were very hard at first. First let me say that I have only played one of the campaigns(polish) and 1 battle so far, I have a busy schedule that does not allow me to play often.

I learned a lot during the Polish campaign that changed my mind about how hard the game is. Sure, it can seem undaunting because the AI keeps throwing waves of reinforcements at you but, at the same time you get lots of reinforcements yourself. But the real key to success is two things I think:

1. Setup - using the terrain to your advantage during the setup phase.

2. The right mix of units for the job at hand.

A good example of #1 is the first battle of the Polish campaign. Do not take the default setup, move all of your troops and guns back behind the crest of the hill into the town. Maybe leave an AT gunner that servers as a scout before the crest. The enemy tanks, as they crest the hill at that short range will be cut down by your 4 AT guns, even with their crappy gunnery skills.

A good example of #2 is the third battle of the Polish campaign. At first I took the default AT guns and a few light tanks. But the AT guns were the lighter less effective caliber. I got clobbered by the enemy armor.

The second time I traded my tanks and crappy AT guns in for the two 75mm AT guns. I put my best gunners on those guns with capable gunners nearby to reinforce should the AT gun crews experience losses. I had no trouble knocking out the enemy tanks at that point.

Point is: there is a way to win every game - just find out what it is - don't settle for the default.

[ May 09, 2007, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Pak40 ]

Just a thought to people having problems with the download version of the game!

When you get the DVD version, uninstall the download version(save the file if you want) and see how the DVD version runs on your machine.

As the DVD version as Madmatt says is an earlier version it might not cause any problems and play smoothly on your system. :D

Originally posted by grandad:

Just a thought to people having problems with the download version of the game!

When you get the DVD version, uninstall the download version(save the file if you want) and see how the DVD version runs on your machine.

As the DVD version as Madmatt says is an earlier version it might not cause any problems and play smoothly on your system. :D

That actually would not make any difference. Its an earlier version true (by about a day or two), but not in a way that would have ANY performance differences at all.

Madmatt

Originally posted by dangerdaz:

any update as to when we get the dvd??

im still waiting??

were you live I live in The most southern region of California EL CENTRO and finaly recieved mine on saturday damaged but its ok.

So when is this fix coming out. I have begun to play only by turning off use one processor on a 2.6GH HT processor. maybe you should have built in a process in which the game chooses what is best like most programs in this century. I was able to bring my Nvida settings back up and the slow down has been eliminated. However I still crash but not quit as frequently and unfortunately only when I an winning. Maybe its built into the game as a feature or maybe your AI doesn't like to loose so it freezes the battle.

Where is this update, I would rather see something even beta to try to get this game working as it should. Still the worst release I have experienced from battlefront in terms of reliability.

GB