TOW. My first Impressions, good, but...

Dark Tzu

OK finally bought the game and installed the patch.

I like the way this strategy game plays and it has real potential. It really is like a Combat mission...

However, even with the patch it is sorely missing some basic options.

1.As far as I can tell, each mission always plays out the same with the AI enemy doing the same basic thing.

You should have had the enemy try different routes and new tactics to make each mission a little more unpredictable. It gets very boring doing the same mission ad-infinitum until you succeed by simply remembering where everything will be. Not a good way to learn strategy.

2. Make the campaign a little more dynamic. Allow things to go back and forth into different missions or campaigns, depending on how you do.

3. The Mission generater that came with the Patch, while nice is actually a sadly missed opportunity.

Why are there no RANDOM options?

For me, there`s no point running the Generater if I know exactly what I am going to face. It blows the tactical element again. I want to wonder how I should best approach a target with the unpredictable element of whther I`m going to meet a Panzer III or a King tiger! Or bump into basic conscripts or the SS!

I would also like a random option for friendly sides too. So we set choices that range from one type of unit to another type.

Random map, weather, re-enforcements, air cover, LINKED random Missions to create a mini-campaign experience should all be part of the Generater. This would truly give the game life and longevity.

Why haven`t you guys done this? Surely it was an obvious move?

Set Missions become predictable and boring very quickly.

The game is good with its graphics and animation and the elements of fighting, but i`m very dissappointed with the options. :(

All TOW has done is wet my appetite to go back to Combat mission 1,2 and 3 because that has a vast array of options.

I hope the Devs will take my advice on board and include more of a dynamic campaign, but especially employiong RANDOM choices for the Mission generater.

Totally agree here. Game is so bad that I wish there was a refund. Only graphics are good. CM series are million times better. Überpatch is a joke. Made unplayable multiplayer playable just for me to find out that it was so boooring that I put the game in the trash bin.

To each his own. I'm enjoying building small engagements with the battle generator and then editing them with the mission editor. Lots of fun. You can build many interesting tactical situations. Haven't really played many of the missions that come with the game, having too much fun designing my own.