New game on the Horizon "Men of War"

Kettenhund

A new game is coming out in summer 2008. It´s called "Men of War". Take a look at this:

If you want to join the free open beta multiplayer test please sign in and post your computer details in this forum:

Men of War is the follow up of the highly successful Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, developed by Best Way . The unique gameplay and design made the predecessor standing out from the RTS genre and found very soon a large fanbase, which is still active due to the impressive mod support.

Men of War starts were Soldiers ended, it delivers improved physics which allows you to destroy whole maps on a level of detail you never saw before, the newly developed armor penetration physics calculate the impact angle of every single projectile in accordance to the historic armor value of each vehicle. Every tank has the sound of its original, dropping you in a fully cinematic and authentic sound experience, which hardly can be described. As this wouldn’t be enough, you will enjoy a really useful and unique feature: Direct control! Take over the control of every single soldier you have, or drive tanks and other vehicles, set up ambushes with antitank guns and blow your enemies up with precise and deadly aimed shots at their weak spots!

Feel the adrenaline when an enemy Tiger crosses the roads, or feel the enemies fear when he hears the sound of a deadly German Panther tank, which is driven by you!

More screenshots at

[advertising links and images removed by admin]

[ March 14, 2008, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Tanks

I´m looking forward to this release.

I´v played the first beta and was a blast!

Don´t get blinded by the fireworks - with a little modding it can get as realistic as you want! I´ve tried 1000mt engagements and only took a couple of hours work! (it just takes notepad)

I wished Theatre of War was build in this engine- all the things missing in ToW are already in this game, fully destructible environments/ enterable buildings/ mortars/ infantry taking cover and actually fighting like soldiers/ smoke.. full maping and exporting tools etc..

Originally posted by M38Wolfhound:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by helm123:

Looks like one of the hundred WWII RTS on the market. The beach screen shot looks like the typical RTS rush of units.

it's what you do on a beach! </font>

Nice graphics.

I`ve seen far too many games with nice graphics, but then go on to dissappoint me to get excited at this stage. If it really is an RTS I won`t be buying it as RTs` are anything but realistic. I can`t stand the churning out of a box reflex action use of your troops since they feel more like robots than Human.

However, if it allows realistic tactics and strategy then great. Pass me the demo and I`ll have a look.

I always always said the Soldiers Heroes of ww2 or Faces of war engine (same engine) would have worked for TOW. And the graphics are beauty thats why I played those games amazing terrain detail.

But if its anything like its 2 predecessors it will focus on individual soldiers that are enourmously outnumbered performing scripted commando missions in RT. Even though squads and formations can be controlled it is still too scripted I bet.

Please do not bashing the game according to that engagement distances seen on the pictures. This pictures are for pointing out the nice graphic. There are a couple of mods in the production to mod the ranges of engagement.

Believe me, the physic in game is the best ever seen on a game. Penetration and damage calculation based on armour thickness and angel of ever armour-plate on the tanks. And also great visual damage presentation.

Gliders with bombs? No, i think not but loaded with men for instance. But you have also bombers in game.

and also some naval units:

I have a few videos for you to demonstrate the power of the GEM2 engine:

And please remember this video is from the old "FoW" but in "Men of War" the graphic is 3 times better, and here a channel with some very interested vids from "Men of War" for you:

Please give them a try...

[commercial links and images removed]

[ March 14, 2008, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Originally posted by Kettenhund:

Believe me, the physic in game is the best ever seen on a game. Penetration and damage calculation based on armour thickness and angel of ever armour-plate on the tanks. And also great visual damage presentation.

The penetration/ricochet tech demo movie was quite impressive! My interest level has certainly been raised.

Best regards,

Thomm