New Patch Overview Movie (part 1) released

Madmatt

I know, its not the patch itself, but 1C prepared a short little video showing off some of the enhancements in the upcoming patch.

Features covered in this video are the new vehicle reverse movement behavior, more dynamic handling of orders, the addition of movement waypoints and lastly new gamespeed options.

Right now, its only on YouTube, but other sites will be picking up the video soon and I will add them to the server list.

patch1.jpg

Theatre of War Video Gallery

Madmatt

The new fatures shown in video are really nice, but I miss some promised fatures:

- better cover for infantry in terrain

- LOS tool

- automatic holding positions

- better multiplayer (not promised, but I still hope:) )

Can we still hope?

Sounds like the speed controls will be a very useful alternative to the pause command for giving orders whilst still being able to view things close-up. 2x time acceleration will also be handy in some of the larger maps when waiting for units to move into position.

Good progress. However, please keep in mind that the most important improvement anticipated in this patch is the improvement to LOS and the effectiveness of better cover for infantry and tanks as it is way too easy to spot units 1000s of meters away. There is no elemnt of "hunt" in current version. Thanks.

Over and out.