Will the multiplayer part overworked or not?

Kettenhund

Will the multiplayer part overworked or not?

I mean not technical errors/bug.

I mean:

1.) more maps

2.) more gamemodi /king of the hill/capute the flag/assault and defence/battle zones/ etc.

3.) buy menü before a multiplayer session starts / somthing like in the singelplayer part

4.) skills of tank crews in multiplayer must be totaly raised

5.) a game lobby in game or html based (ip stock exchange)/ maybe gamespy function

please dont let the game die in the multiplayer part...

Same question from me.

The multiplayer is actually not playable(terrible gameplay) and looks like that the developer lacks of time and money to finish it, so that they just released an "feigenblatt"-multiplayer.

To summarize it:

There is nothing what you can call an multiplayer. TOW is only an singleplayergame.

Agree 100% MP playability is paramount, if its done right this will be a killer game! It's where the furure of this game is if it's to have a future at all on HDs, be sure!!

BF/Devs please take note & give us the killer game in return for our cash! We need min 4v4 to 6v6 games that are stable & maybe a few different game type as mentioned above.

Roger that!

This game will live or die depending on its multiplayer stability and playability.

Aside from obvious stability and crash issues, the following are "MUST HAVE" list currently missing:

1) Ability to select your army. We don't need the AI choose for us randomly or predetermined. Half the battle (and half the fun) is choosing your army and hardware.

2) Unit customization based on point system. Both players will get the same points (say 1000) but one player may spend the points on 3 super tanks with mediocre gunners and commanders while the other player may take 2 tanks and spen the points on upgrading the gunner and commander's ratings. This will add wonders to the replayability. As is now, there is no replayablity at all since there is no customization and everything is pre-determined and fixed!

3) Map selection. Some like to have a fight on a small map. Some would like to have a huge (8km x 8Km) map with only 2 players so they don't run into each other from the offset. Hunting and searching adds a lot to tactical aspect of the game and induces a lot of fun!

4) Unit size. Each side should be able to yield a decent size army. Having only 4 tanks a side may not suffice. Not asking for a hundred tanks but a dozen or so should be possible to have along with say 10-12 ATGs and 4-5 infantry platoons.

5) Ability to build defensive structures such as barbed wires and tank obstacles and bunkers for MGs and camoflaouge for ATGs.

This game can really be awesome. Do not miss the opportunity. If you build it (almost there!!), people weill come (buy). Word of mouth will be your most effective marketing campaign!

Over and out.

Originally posted by Kettenhund:

please dont let the game die in the multiplayer part...

Sadly, it was never alive. It is by far the most horrible attempt at multiplayer gaming that I can recall.

I agree with all of your suggestions/requests.

Battlefront/1C please give us a feedback.

This MP-Thing is too important and you can not hope that time and silence will solve this problem for you. All u said till now was "The Multiplayer works". Thats not enough in my eyes. I bought this game,because i want to make Online/LAN sessions with my Brother and Friends. That is not possible atm(gameplay).

For me i can say, if u give us a Multiplayer that earns his name u will sell 2 Games more to my friends(i told them not to buy TOW because of the missing "MP").

to DMG, Madmatt, Moon and all the other mods:

I see u all posting in variuos threads.

Why you dont answer the to the simple question of this thread?

Do u really have nothing to say to the multiplayer?????????

We don't have any details available on these topics at the moment. There are some plans on extending multiplayer gameplay in the addon, but final decisions on its features have not been made. As we get closer to release the addon, we'll have more details to share.

Originally posted by dmg:

We don't have any details available on these topics at the moment. There are some plans on extending multiplayer gameplay in the addon, but final decisions on its features have not been made. As we get closer to release the addon, we'll have more details to share.

This is a nice statement, it predicates nothing.

Some plans here, some decisions there... I have paid 50 USD and i will not accept that this game is without playable multiplayer part.

All my mission and campaign´s are played on veteran skill, and now? Nothing left...

Originally posted by Kettenhund:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dmg:

Some plans here, some decisions there... I have paid 50 USD and i will not accept that this game is without playable multiplayer part.

All my mission and campaign´s are played on veteran skill, and now? Nothing left... </font>

All my mission and campaign´s are played on veteran skill, and now? Nothing left... [/QB]

my voice for Kettenhund as our speaker^^

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by dmg:

Any news for us? Have you been done the final decisions about a real working and playable multiplayer?

Forget about the multiplayer, what about the single player game and what i mean is no randon battle generator and only a couple of dozen missions through the campaigns. The single player needs a serious overhaul, give us the options combat mission has to make it more playable and give us more units. To me this is more important than the multiplayer side of it especially at this stage, this can be looked at later. You winge about the multiplayer when even the single player side of it isnt up to the same standards combat mission was. It amazes me that these kind of games today just like many others only have a select amount of missions and a complex editor what ever happened to the random battle generator and skirmish modes these kinda games used to have, it seems they are now a thing of the past which is really sad as they make the game more enjoyable to play and to watch and also prelong the games playability. I just hope this will be taken into account if an expansion is made otherwise this game may well be uninstalled off my hard drive as there is nothing else that can be done with it.

All that I can tell you now is YES. Multiplayer part of the game will be overworked. 2 details that I am able to tell you about it is new maps and opponent searching tool. That all by now that can be told, sorry.

Originally posted by SoaN:

All that I can tell you now is YES. Multiplayer part of the game will be overworked. 2 details that I am able to tell you about it is new maps and opponent searching tool. That all by now that can be told, sorry.

Thank you for this nice little statement. It´s better then nothing. New maps for multiplayer would be very cool and the searching tool for opened multiplayer games is also nice to hear.

But, please don´t forget the game modes. This is very important. Nobody need a death match game in a WW2 genre. Team deathmatch between german and allies are ok , or a mode there you must capping a zone, or a assault and defence mode, or other multiplayer missions with a target.

[ August 03, 2007, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Kettenhund ]

Yep very good to hear!

Talking about game endings - looking at the bigger picture it'd be nice to see more flexibility for game endings in both single and multiplayer. Ideally I'd like to see a scriptable dialog box pop up to ask for user input - allowing for example in certain circumstances draws to be accepted etc.

Have fun

Finn

Well for me if this game doesnt improve its single player mode then i wont be playing it no more but going back to combat mission and steel panthers where i know you cant compare graphics but the gameplay and playability is 10 times that of tow. Sorry lads but i see this game going in the wrong direction like many others

Have Fun