Pre-ordered: Still Waiting for Boxed Game

Cpl Steiner

Hi,

Is anyone else who pre-ordered still waiting to receive the boxed version of the game? I haven't received mine and am a bit miffed to say the least. I don't even like the game but if BFC want to take my money for it then they can at least send me the damned thing!

I would like to know if I should wait any longer or if I should have received it by now.

Cpl Steiner, the games started shipping on friday only, with the bulk of backorders leaving yesterday and today I believe. Exception are European customers. For them, the goods will start shipping next week as they are still in transit to the Irish warehouse.

You should receive an email when the goods are in transit (make sure you whitelist battlefront.com or check your spam box).

Martin

Originally posted by iplaygames2:

Has anyone received an email yet? Just curious, as the bulk of this forum had a preorder in, and was wondering if any of us had received an email that the DVDs are enroute....

I'm still waiting on my email telling me that I can download the game. smile.gif

Originally posted by RabidRabbit:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by iplaygames2:

Has anyone received an email yet? Just curious, as the bulk of this forum had a preorder in, and was wondering if any of us had received an email that the DVDs are enroute....

I'm still waiting on my email telling me that I can download the game. smile.gif </font>

What's wrong with the way it's being done? The alternative may have been for Battlefront to have announced a later release date, and artificially delayed the digital download version until the boxed copies were ready to be distributed. Personally I'm pleased they chose to make the download available as soon as it was ready. The title released on the 19th--most reasonable people appreciate it takes a little time to get the product shipped from the distribution centres.

Battlefront have been diligent in keeping folks updated on the status of the physical retail box shipments. To me, that certainly seems like a company sincerely interested in keeping their customers happy. Alas, no matter what you do, some people will always find something to complain about.

This is no different than Matrix Games, they always have the download version first and the physical version a couple of weeks later. Look at it this way, by the time we get the game, hopefully the first patch will be ready. smile.gif

Werner, it always said on the order page that the finished goods would be shipping some time after the "release date". Like flintlock says, the only other option would be to artificially delay the download release until the finished goods are ready. I don't think people would like that much.

Martin