Question for Moon (New Units)

ColonelBlimp

Will there be an opportunity in the future (hopefully near) for new units to be added, either by a patch, add-on, or even modding?

It's been said by a lot of people that it would be a real shame if this game got old quickly because there were no opportunities to expand the scope of units a little.

As much as I love the game (and I really do) it pains me to see that somnething as basic as the Flak 88 has been omitted and there is no official word on its, or other missing units', further inclusion.

I would love a flak88!!!

If I was facing them I would be less inclined to take tanks and more inclined to take infantry.

I think their was mention already by the devs about adding mortars and other units in an addon or patch

Originally posted by ShiftZ:

Hey guys, repair units sound good? I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of losing the main gun on tanks especialy the gun tractors.

NO, NO, NO.

Originally posted by Cochise:

I would like apc's that carry ammo

NO, NO, NO.

Originally posted by Gnasher:

How about engineer units able to lay/detect mines & use flamethrowers on assaults.

Mines were NEVER laid during a battle, but a mine clearing tank might be useful.

Flamethrowers would probably only be used to clear concrete bunkers, so I don't know if we realllllly need a Flamethrower vehicle. It would be great to see one explode though. FOOM! [jet of flame shoots into sky] smile.gif

Mines were NEVER laid during a battle
Oh yes they were! Granted whole minefields weren't laid but I've read numerous accounts of strings of mines being hastily laid by infantry to ambush tanks, mainly using strings of mines.

For example on 22nd Sept 1944 A Company of the Dorset & Cornwall Light Infantry destroyed no less than 5 Tigers using No75 AT mines & PIATs in a hastily setup ambush at the De Hoop cross roads near Dreil in Holland. Pvte Brown of the DCLI lost an eye but gained the Military Medal for personally destroying 2 Tigers.

I still think that tank crews should be able to atleast attempt to repair broken tracks. Either your tank gets hit in the gun mantle or track every time... atleast with the track the tankers could eventually get back in the fight.

Originally posted by Gnasher:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Mines were NEVER laid during a battle

Oh yes they were! Granted whole minefields weren't laid but I've read numerous accounts of strings of mines being hastily laid by infantry to ambush tanks, mainly using strings of mines.

For example on 22nd Sept 1944 A Company of the Dorset & Cornwall Light Infantry destroyed no less than 5 Tigers using No75 AT mines & PIATs in a hastily setup ambush at the De Hoop cross roads near Dreil in Holland. Pvte Brown of the DCLI lost an eye but gained the Military Medal for personally destroying 2 Tigers. </font>