1C & BattleFront........

Krull

"Actually, the opposite is true. Fact is, this is as good as they've ever got. It might yet get better"

Sorry chief, that's a bogus statement, I have the entire Battlefront CM series and the 1C Ilusion2 flight simulator series, both are excellent and I have played hundreds of hours with both.

This TOW is a useless peice of crap, and it is hard to believe that either of the above companies had anything to do with it's developement!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that not every1 is going to like a game,,,I have seen games with great reviews and still it won';t be every1's cup of tea. I have bought my share of games which I haven't liked also. But u express ur dislikes and move on...

Let the people who enjoy it post without having to read your repeated negative comments.We know it still needs some fixes but there is a group of guys who are willing to wait for fixes and in the mean time will play and have fun.To insult us cause we liked the game and accuse Batttlefront of trying to get money from us with no concern for the game quality is not fair.

Make your posts of how much u hate it and end it there. If U guys hate so much why do u keep on reading and posting everywhere?????

U win some u lose some,,U say u lost,,,so be it,,,life goes on man.

"Make your posts of how much u hate it and end it there. If U guys hate so much why do u keep on reading and posting everywhere?????"

We do it to give a Caveat Emptor to the other unsuspecting people out there who maybe under the false impression that just because it's from Battlefront, its got to be good.

Battlefront went "Gold" with this game before the demo even came out, that's how good their reputation was, I pre-ordered (still haven't got the hard copy) on their reputation, I want to make sure EVERYONE knows their reputation isn't what it was and to never purchase a game from them without playing a demo first!

Got that now?

Originally posted by Chazman:

We do it to give a Caveat Emptor to the other unsuspecting people out there who maybe under the false impression that just because it's from Battlefront, its got to be good.

Well, the only impression here is that you need to take your meds, Chazman.. :D

Mental, you guys obviously never worked a sales job and had to deal with disgruntled customers.

Look at my member #, I'm not some newbie, I anxiously awaited this game, and Battlefront hyped it as being the greatest thing going, since the advent of war gaming, and it is a super large disappointment, and I feel like I have been bamboozled by a good friend.

Chazman, have a look at what other 3-d, real-time, ww2 rts there are and then bring me one that proves my statement "bogus". Would that it were.

This isn't CM or IL2 and that is kind of my point.

If you'd like to see ToW die as a concept and prove the patronising, flash-bang makers right in their constant beating out of pap for the masses, carry on and shoot us all in the foot.

It's a fun game (once learnt) with good values. Reward these ppl with constructive criticism.

I'm no shill/fanboy either, just a jaded old dreamer amazed at the amount of sci-fi sh*t out there claiming to be WW2 strategy. :rolleyes:

I want to stop posting now. I've made my points - seen enough.

Chazman: you amaze me.

Do you think you've made your point yet or will a full scale protest with signs and chants be what it takes?

Tell you what: send me your address and I'll mail you a check for the game.

Some of us like the game enough that we're willing to add constructive criticism without insulting the developers or other users.

I happen to really like the game. In your book, that makes me a moron?

I know nothing about you, why should I think your opinion is more valid than those who seem to be getting some enjoyment out of the game?

That is, give me reasons why I should be avoiding this game otherwise I'm just going to think that you're a troll.

Now take responsibility for your decision and act like an adult.

as soon as c1 and bf dose, they just did not have the skill for it and go back to tb games.

this game is to be realistic. or close to it, as they could program it.

i will just put this game in the could have rocked list. games like these always seemed be in the wrong hands, and they lose alot of (gameplay).

in the over all i like the game, but both sides are right.

to me they just mislead the pre orders

i will be waitting for the fixes.

and where are the mods? do this form have (cod)or (tos)?

i see some of this being siad and they are not baned? this is going down hill.

Originally posted by graetwulff:

to me they just mislead the pre orders

i will be waitting for the fixes.

I think some people here mislead themselves, and that's the root of the problem. If you were expecting a prettier CM you were doing so on the basis of your own misconceptions. It has been here on this board in black and white for months; this is not CM. Again, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. No one was mislead, or lied to.

It's the usual gangbang isn't it?

Shoot the messenger, rabble rouse him, make loud noises.

After we all been called whiners enough & it debauches to what it has you guys must think 'job done, message lost in the smog of abuse.'

The 'whiners' didn't start this. It was the fanbois who started to gang-bang the 'whiners' in an attempt to obscure the message.

All i want is a game that does what it sez on the box. This doesn't.

We should all just bend over further?

Terrific. Screwed by the developers/publishers & gang-banged by the bois.

I'm having a fab weekend. :D

Battlefront went "Gold" with this game before the demo even came out, that's how good their reputation was, I pre-ordered (still haven't got the hard copy) on their reputation, I want to make sure EVERYONE knows their reputation isn't what it was and to never purchase a game from them without playing a demo first!

Got that now?

No. Every game goes gold before the demo comes out at BFC, with the exception of games for which Beta demos are published (CMBO and ???). To have a demo, it is a pre-requisite for the game to have gone gold, since that Gold version (final code on a CD shipped for mass-fabrication) is what the demo is built off.

At least that is how I understand the process of BFC publication:

Beta -> Gold -> Demo

All the best

Andreas

I think some people here mislead themselves, and that's the root of the problem. If you were expecting a prettier CM you were doing so on the basis of your own misconceptions. It has been here on this board in black and white for months; this is not CM. Again, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. No one was mislead, or lied

for one i did not say it was like cm or did i say i thought it was going to be like cm.

i posted why i thought the pre orders got mis lead, the mods know why, so i did not write down agian.

now are now you going to take responsibility for just being wrong about what i siad?

Originally posted by Krull:

All i want is a game that does what it sez on the box. This doesn't.

What is it that you expected from the game?

At the moment, it seems there are two camps of complainers; people who have performance issues, which is fair enough, and there are people here ready and willing to help. The second is of people who were expecting ToW to be something it isn't, and was never promised to be.

Now if you'd like certain parts of the game to be changed, adapted, or downright fixed, I guarantee that a little politeness and overall maturity will go some distance. If you decide to spit the dummy, and do it continually, then you will be categorised as a whiner, and your opinion will be margenalised.

How you proceed is your choice, but I suggest you choose the productive route.

for one i did not say it was like cm or did i say i thought it was going to be like cm.

i posted why i thought the pre orders got mis lead, the mods know why, so i did not write down agian.

now are now you going to take responsibility for just being wrong about what i siad?

As far as I can tell, you're suggesting ToW should have been more realistic, which suggests comparison with CM, and ToW was always flagged as being more a game than a combat simulator in that respect.

the way i understond it was that it was going to be based on more realistic , then any rts out there, as far as i know it is, and cm is ok but i not like trun base much.

i did say i like the game, and would have played it before it was out, i would still have ordered it, just need some fixes.

so are you saying it is based on hitpoints?

the way i understond it was that it was going to be based on more realistic , then any rts out there, as far as i know it is, and cm is ok but i not like trun base much.

i did say i like the game, and would have played it before it was out, i would still have ordered it, just need some fixes.

so are you saying it is based on hitpoints?

It's not black and white. Without question ToW is more realistic than, for example, C&C; it doesn't have resource gathering and unit building at the very least. But BFC made it very clear it wasn't a new CM, and shouldn't be compared to it, which should have been a good indication it was in a different mould.

I didn't care for the demo, but, like you, there are plenty of people who don't like CM. I bought all three games in the CM series. The point being that rather than ToW being some huge betrayal of the wargaming community it's simply suited to a different taste.

All i want is a viable game in exchange for my hard earned seeing as you ask Sirocco.

I had absolutely no preconception of this title & i don't compare it to any of the CC or CM rts games. I haven't played either for 3 years or so.

I think this whole comparison thing is just another ruse from the bois.

I don't recall any of the 'whiners' chomping on about this isn't CC or CM.

But i've seen plenty of posts where 'fanbois' go on & on about it being compared to those most excellent games.

I think that the 'whiners' point of view is that it doesn't do what it sez on the box.

I want to be able to use the multi player but it just wont have it & i don't expect to have to come armed with a computer degree to get it to function.

Originally posted by Krull:

I want to be able to use the multi player

And that's a perfectly valid point. But you can hardly trash the entire game on that single issue. I guarantee that if you use less hyperbole you might actually have a hand in fixing whatever problem you, and I assume others, are experiencing.