what is the editor like compared to cm series

dog of war

You can change everything except for the map terrain itself. Trenches, sandbag emplacemnts, and I believe buildings as well ( I could be wrong with the buildings) are all part of the terrain.

However, units, triggers, victory conditions and combat area dimensions can be changed.

Some Editor Questions.

1. Can you create both missions and new campaigns with the editor?

2. Are there multiple triggers types for things like re-enforcements, airpower showings up? Things like triggers for (map points, time, #number of kills, etc.)?

3. Can up upgrade forces for user created missions/campaigns?

4. Do units gains experince during user created missions/campaigns?

Thanks

1. Can you create both missions and new campaigns with the editor?
Yes

2. Are there multiple triggers types for things like re-enforcements, airpower showings up? Things like triggers for (map points, time, #number of kills, etc.)?
Yes

3. Can up upgrade forces for user created missions/campaigns?
Yes

4. Do units gains experince during user created missions/campaigns?
I'd imagine so...yes

Thanks
Your welcome. smile.gif

my thoughts on the mission editor:

I love trying to program XML- YAY! (sarcasm, sorry.) i haven't succesfully created a trigger yet. Now, i'm not the brightest light bulb you can find, but i think that could be made a little easier.

I added 251's to the german campaign, but it took me like 50 trys to make it work right.

you know, the 251 only hold 6 guys. the squads are 10 guys. i don't know how to edit the OOB's to make 6 man squads. removing them extra 4 in the mission editor only means on the next mission the extra 4 are back- without weapons... I cant figure out how to get them any weapons once in the campaign. So, can the OOB files be modified somehow?

so a question: are saved games openable on the editor? i haven't had any luck with this, but since it seems you can't update tanks until the game reassigns them (?), that would be nice too.

Game is really fun though, and with some improvements- like easier access to replacing units, upgrading equipment would help. Now I know it's not groggish to say, but the way CC played was great, updating and replacing units was easy and based on a points system. Also, the text based OOB and Data files made the game infitely easier to mod and hence funner to play.

Still, despite forever to download, and getting my a$$ handed to me by the AI, I'm really glad I got this game- and feel the Preorder deal was just fine. I wouldn't have wanted the game if it didn't work as good as it does. Great job to BFC and 1C.

Now, add mortars, more vehicles, an OOB editor, and a map editor! heh, I don't want much really...