Preordered because of the DEMO

theBrit

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

I'm rather in the mood of *cancelling* my preorder after playing the demo if it was possible :(

(yup I'm pretty disappointed..)

Wait for the game and give it a honest try friend.

The game is hard to master but has great potential. ;)

@pascal,

when i read all the threads i thought maybe orderd to soon. But after playing the demo i am just glad to have it pre orderd . This game will make the wait for the new CM camp. just a little bit shorter.

Thats the game iam waiting for.

After 2 hours with the demo i was thinking of ordering the game but after i sat down and played for 3 more hours i started to realise somethings about this game.

1: The sound IS very bad (mg34 sounds like .22cal)

2: The lack of settings for unit response, the inf unit have no chance of hiding at all, get spotted right away and are no more than cannonfodder.

3: No waypoints or reverse on tanks, i hate when i try to move a tank in a safe way without exploiting the sides and rear, in the demo you don´t have so many units to control so the you can micromanage the units movement but how is it possible to maintain control over say 20-30 units in a multiplayergame without waypoints and more customizeble movement ? ok your opponent go the same problem but still.

4: Far to low input on kills, hit% and range

The demo has many flaws but it is still VERY good but coulld be better, i hope that we will se some madmatt mods later on =) CM for Life.

Hi All,

I have just finished the basic training part of the demo. Right now my feeling is that I will order the full game.

I do not have worries about managing large groups as I do not see myself using the game in that way.

My thought is that this game will be perfect for creating small tactical problems to solve. Maybe 4 infantry groups, a tank or 2, and 2 other pieces with some support.

Regards John

i wanted to order once that i would have played the demo, but im not going to.

at first i was disappointed, but i have to admit that after replaying a few times, that its not all that bad and there are plenty of details that make a difference with other games. but as long as they dont find a way to make the game run smoother on my pc (wich meats the minimum specs btw) then im not gonna buy it. its a shame because i think it could be a good game.

The learning curve for the controls is a bit steeper than i anticipated - but that might simply be because I'm not particularly clever. I suspect that, like most decent games, there's going to be a competence threshold that you've got to pass before the 'fun & playable' stuff kicks in. :rolleyes:

yeah, this game is basically a new concept. im familiar with several 3d-modeling programs, and all have a completely different interface. so even if it looks extremely hard and un-logic, remember that you can get used to anything!

(exept fps bolow zero ;) )

I pre-ordered before the demo came out. I am glad I pre-ordered.

Sure the game maybe have some rough edges - sounds, lack of settings etc.. But I am sure that there will be some interesting patches/ mods from madmatt and moon and the comrades at 1c.

I think (perhaps correctly so) people are comparing the game to cmak or cmbb. I think it would be interesting to see how cmak compares to cmbo. In terms of ai and options it is far richer. tow is just the 1st release and I bet it will mature.

Well done chaps!

I'll hold off to see the response from those that have the full version before making a final decision. I'm on the fence at the moment, some things that I really like and others that are putting me off. Will continue to play the demo in the meantime.

BF