Demo and Pre-order

dphillipsd

Well, first off congrats to BF on getting the demo out - am sure the game will follow suite shortly.

Unfortunately, even though I have downloaded the demo I have been unable to play it: it doesn't open, despite attempts at using the config. utility. Anyhow, I was wondering whether or not this is any indication as to the likelihood of the game functioning when released for full download?

Oh and if anyone has any suggestions on getting it working, please feel free to let me know.

dphillipsd, most likely the problems you're seeing have nothing to do with the game but instead with a mistake Matt made (yeah, all blame Matt!) when compiling the final demo. He left some hardware presets activated from the final testing. The solution is to tweak the settings, but if that's not working for you I wonder if you should delete everything that is in your "users" folder and try fresh. But that's a guess only so do it at your own risk. (best to cut it and past somewhere so you can replace it if you get strange results)

Martin

On the subect of the thread title is it possible to still pre-order now that the demo is out?

I hope to be able to D/L the demo later today and decide to order after playing it for a while.

It would sure be nice to save a couple of dollars on the pre-order even with the demo out.

Please note, if your Pre-Order this game, you will be billed immediately although the game will not be released until April 19th. If you are not comfortable with this, we suggest that you DO NOT PRE-ORDER!

Moon ..in your best estimate ..should we pre-orders expect the full game to be released before midnight tonight ?

Regards,

Gunz

Probably not. We're going all sorts of testing and re-testing right now to fix some last minute stuff. Right now we're getting some mixed results with things working for some, not for others. Our plan was to open pre-orders today, yes (not weeks before like some seem to have convinced themselves about), but we will probably not make it today.

Now, if we do manage today and people get pissed off because I said no and walk away and then find out tomorrow that it worked out, then I will find out their IP address, track them down via FBI, and give them a wedgie. So there...

Martin

Originally posted by dphillipsd:

Well, first off congrats to BF on getting the demo out - am sure the game will follow suite shortly.

Unfortunately, even though I have downloaded the demo I have been unable to play it: it doesn't open, despite attempts at using the config. utility. Anyhow, I was wondering whether or not this is any indication as to the likelihood of the game functioning when released for full download?

Oh and if anyone has any suggestions on getting it working, please feel free to let me know.

Please post into the TOW Tech Support forum and lists all of your hardware specs and OS type please.

Madmatt

:eek: Ouch ..I don't want no wedgie ..too old for that.

Thanks for the upfront answer. No problem ..the world isn't going to end (I hope). Continue on soldier ..I have plenty to keep me busy and so do you.

P.S. that dang cowbell must be very hard to master :D

Regards,

Gunz tongue.gif

Guest Panzer Boxb

Would that be an Atomic Wedgieâ„¢? I ask because you know there are those here that would probably berrate you for not deliverying on that promise.

Moon,

This is pretty important information regarding release, and not everyone will see it buried in this thread. Might I suggest that you repost this info in a locked sticky post at the top. It might help prevent mass chaos later this evening when the next shift of whiners show up demanding their game.

P.S. Is the problem with the game itself, or with something else like the installer, or download facilities. Anyway, good luck with it.

[ April 18, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Avwriter ]

Originally posted by Moon:

We will post this in a new sticky a little later today after confirming a few things which are still not yet confirmed.

Martin

Like a delay in the whole release!?

I would be really suprised if this game is released tomorrow!

At last you guys could update the HP! There is still this "incentive" promised!

[ April 18, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: BadKarma ]