So is today the day do you think?

Tactical Wargamer

late tommorow would be pointless. Even MadMatt mentioned at one point that releasing it a few hours in advance "wouldn't do anyone any good." Unless they are haveing technical problems getting it up, then I think this evening or early tomorrow morning would be the most likely scenario.

I agree. I'll be happy to get the game whenever, but I have to say it's more than a little puzzling that we haven't been told when the downloads will be available...surely they know now, and have known for at least a few days. It's quite exciting...errr...well, fairly exciting anyways...waiting for a new game to come out and you see the release date getting closer, being left in the dark like this right up until the last moment is just frustrating and not fun at all and has taken some of the anticipation away for me.

Oh well, all will be forgotten in a couple of days I suppose and it won't stop me buying future games, but I think it's definitely something to be kept in mind for future releases.

Have fun

Finn

It is reasonable that they are not announcing the exact time. They probably want to prevent the servers from being hit by everyone at the exact same time. Of course the news will spread fast, but by carefully choosing the time, and by not announcing it in advance, they can have a gradual escalation of activity. Logically, one might deduce that the release is more likely to take palce during the work day or late at night, rather than in the evening.

Time yes, the day though? Well too late now I guess. It's not a particularly big deal for me, but I can certainly see where the people complaining are coming from.

I agree office hours are likely, as the people responsible will likely want to double check that everything is going smoothly and unlike the people running the servers probably not working late at night.

Have fun

Finn

Let´s try to keep the faith and wait for some news from the officials or anyone else, what else can we do and that they don´t tell us when the download starts hey who cares, as someone else said, keep it in mind and don´t make a preorder again if you can not stand the thrill or you feel betrayed :D

Everybody else : DON´T PANIC !!! (and don´t forget, the answer is always 42)

On that topic, what happens if the server does get overloaded (or do they limit the # of simultaneous downloads?) and my d/l gets interrupted/cancelled midstream, or hung up? Does it count as a d/l and then I have to somehow prove that I didn't actually get it?

Ha, in Germany it`s afternoon now. Came back from work, just switched on the PC, went online and directly to the BFC page and ... no progress at all. The page looks exactly like 4 days ago. Hm, guess if it`s released tonight I`m in the middle of my few hours sleep. :-( Then I could start downloading tomorrow morning, go to work only to realize in the afternoon that the download wasn`t finished ...

And if it`s really 11.59 pm tomorrow then it`s already the 19th in Germany and not much with "getting it in advance". Yeah, they cannot take care for every timezone, but this brings me to the topic of "downloads will be available earlier". An endless story. Maybe next time I`ll just wait with my order until the first mods arrive.

download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later).

this is on the main page .

That means they will announce the exact download date before you can download it.

Sorry here in holland its now 19:00 the 17th and they still need to announce the download date.

MUHAHAHA sorry but if there is still no exact date announcement . Why did they write it on the main page in the first place?????

really thought it would be out today but they still have to announce that today is jugdement day. :confused:

I really do think people deserve some sort of idea as to when to expect the download. Honestly guys I know its not long to wait but its not a good way to treat customers.

Im sure someone will respond with some details before long.

Spartan,

I totaly agree. When we pre-ordered it said that we could download early and they would make the date available for when that would be. You would think they would have told us by now with only two days left.

Moon, throw us a bone here and just let us know if it will be today or tomorrow. There are not many dates left to release the game early. Are we talking about 11:59 tomorrow night?