So how do you think this will go down?

Avwriter

I am sure they will not tell us, but how do you guys imagine that the first few of us will learn that D-Day (Download Day) is here?

A. We all will get a simultaneous email at the precise moment that the download link goes live.

B. The link will go active "silently," several minutes or even an hour or more before the mass email goes out. One of us will discover this, and download it for himself before announcing their discovery here.

C. Moon will post here in the forum that release is iminent sometime during the day or early evening, and then drag it out for hours before finally openning the floodgates around three in the morning.

[ April 16, 2007, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Avwriter ]

I would tend to go with B. Its just the sneaky kind of stunt they like to pull on us. They like us to experience the joy of discovering things for ourselves, but if we don't notice it they then act all puzzled "I would have thought that somebody would have spotted this by now". This strategy also ensures that their servers deal with a more gradual increase in demand.

I'm pretty sure you can scratch C. Its sure to lead to mass overloading.

(Although Moon seems to make a habit of confounding predictions)

The link will go live. Shortly after that emails will go out to those who pre-ordered. Shortly after that people who didn't get the email will start complaining. Shortly after that the forum will be filled with posts about how people couldn't get the download to work. Shortly after that people will be flooding the forum with posts about how they can't get the game to run. Shortly after that people will start posting how they love/hate the game. Shortly after that people will ask where they can buy the game at retail. Shortly after that people will ask why their troops can't enter buildings. Shortly after that...

yeh, people will ask the most stupid questions. it happens everytime when a new game is out. here are some examples:

why cant i always see the enemy soldiers?

why do the planes disappear?

how can i make the soldiers ride on the back of the tanks?

where are the mortars?

why cant i build soldier factories?

why isn't the tiger immortal?

and... why cant i enter buildings tongue.gif

Originally posted by seppDieter:

yeh, people will ask the most stupid questions. it happens everytime when a new game is out. here are some examples:

why cant i always see the enemy soldiers?

why do the planes disappear?

how can i make the soldiers ride on the back of the tanks?

where are the mortars?

why cant i build soldier factories?

why isn't the tiger immortal?

and... why cant i enter buildings tongue.gif

Yeah lets hope know one thinks its a Supreme Commander ww2 style!

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

The link will go live. Shortly after that emails will go out to those who pre-ordered. Shortly after that people who didn't get the email will start complaining. Shortly after that the forum will be filled with posts about how people couldn't get the download to work. Shortly after that people will be flooding the forum with posts about how they can't get the game to run. Shortly after that people will start posting how they love/hate the game. Shortly after that people will ask where they can buy the game at retail. Shortly after that people will ask why their troops can't enter buildings. Shortly after that...

very prescient. I am sure that is how it will play out. sad, but true.

wish I could laugh, but I can't. :(

I already know, because it came to me in a dream last night.

The first sign will be a darkening of the sky as gargantuan blood red clouds roll in and blot out the sun. A low, rolling thunder will begin in the east (of course)

Suddenly, flying monkeys (the very same ones from The Wizard of Oz) will appear, dropping leaflets (and poo, unfortunately) from above.

The leaflets will simply say:

"Here, crybaby:

www.battlefront.com/downloads/tow

Now leave us alone"

Perhaps they will surprise us and deliver the hard copies first, by droping them out of Heinkel 111s over our homes. Maybe that's what the clunk I heard on my roof a few minutes ago was. Silly me. I thought it was just a squirrel.